Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-18-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
DdigitalD

Default Compiler in CS5 for iOS

Has anyone used the compiler in CS5? I have a client that wants several Flash sites to play on Apple's iPhone/iPad. I'm doing some research now but wanted to see if anyone could add insight before I purchase the upgrade to CS5.
DdigitalD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #2
asf8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DdigitalD View Post
Has anyone used the compiler in CS5? I have a client that wants several Flash sites to play on Apple's iPhone/iPad. I'm doing some research now but wanted to see if anyone could add insight before I purchase the upgrade to CS5.
Its ONLY for iOS app's (APP Store) not for actual Flash website compatibility (websites in Browser). The actual Flash Player is still not supported on iOS browsers.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/packagerforiphone/

Quote:
Special Update: September 9, 2010

Apple’s recent announcement that it has lifted restrictions on its third-party developer guidelines has direct implications for the Packager for iPhone. The feature is available for developers to use today and we will now resume development work on this feature for future releases. This is great news for developers and we’re hearing from our developer community that new AIR applications for iOS devices are already being approved for the Apple App Store. We do want to point out that Apple’s restriction on Flash content running in the browser on iOS devices remains in place.
Hopefully that helps your understanding and better allows you to communicate with your client on the matter.
asf8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: