Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #21
johnnybien

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange gold View Post
That's what my code does... well they are all clickable but you have to click the 8 for it to work.
Yeah it's only 8, but when I clicked the square, it will go to "You Lose" page, is it possible that 24 circles in all, and when I click any of those as long 8 circles then it will go to "You Win" page? I mean no square so there's also no "You Lose" page.
johnnybien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #22
orange gold
got as?

Yes, get rid of the end code making it go to the youloose page... now whenever a circle is pressed have a variable called "numPressed" and every time a circle is pressed say
"numPressed ++;"

then

if (numPressed == 8) {
gotoAndStop(2)
}

also, if you want it to not allow the user to click a circle more than once you can use more variables to keep track or just add this code to the onPress events

this._x += +99999;

to send it way of screen, it will seem like you press it and it dissapears.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #23
johnnybien

Quote:
Yes, get rid of the end code making it go to the youloose page... now whenever a circle is pressed have a variable called "numPressed" and every time a circle is pressed say
"numPressed ++;"

then

if (numPressed == 8) {
gotoAndStop(2)
}

also, if you want it to not allow the user to click a circle more than once you can use more variables to keep track or just add this code to the onPress events

this._x += +99999;

to send it way of screen, it will seem like you press it and it dissapears.
What I mean is, example there are 24 circles all in all, if the user already clicked 8 circles, then he will win. He can click any of those (random) 24 circles as long as he meets the required number which is 8 per level. Is that possible?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:49 AM   #24
orange gold
got as?

I know that's what you mean... I told you exactly how to do it in the post below aha, then you just quoted me and asked me how to do the very same thing? did you even read the code? Or did you mean to ask, "is it possible for you to do it for me?"
hhahaha
Old 11-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #25
johnnybien

Quote:
I know that's what you mean... I told you exactly how to do it in the post below aha, then you just quoted me and asked me how to do the very same thing? did you even read the code? Or did you mean to ask, "is it possible for you to do it for me?"
hhahaha
I got it! So if put:

if (numPressed == 10) {
gotoAndStop(2)
}

It will go to another page which is "You Win" page when the user clicked 10
circles? Am I right?

Can I upload here the file of the game?

Actually I have a LOT of problems right now because what I said before, I'm just new in AS 2.0 and it's really hard for me now to study the all the basic because the deadline is near (actually the deadline was moved). My problem right now is, just like what I said before, I have 24 objects already displayed in the scene and it's only 8 are clickable. By the way, 24 objects that with different pictures. And it's matched with a text. The game is just like the Mystery Case, almost the same here:

h**p://screenshots.en.softonic.com/en/scrn/56000/56107/3_547Thumb3.jpg

It was randomized (activation) and it's matched with the text when the user clicked the text, the text will be hided together with the object clicked. Do you have a file where I can use as my reference with this one?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 PM   #26
orange gold
got as?

Yeah, upload it here and I'll take a look...
and yes, that would send you there once 10 are clicked, but you have to remember to make that variable go up by 1 everytime one is clicked otherwise it will never reach 10

this is the code to make it go up one:

ActionScript Code:
numPressed ++;

and you put that inside an onPress event.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #27
johnnybien

Here's the file:

sendspace.com/file/434g5x
Old 11-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #28
orange gold
got as?

To randomize the location of everything add this to you "AS-Main" layer

ActionScript Code:
object1._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object1._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object2._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object2._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object3._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object3._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object4._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object4._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object5._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object5._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object6._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object6._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object7._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object7._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object8._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object8._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object9._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object9._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object10._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object10._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object11._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object11._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10) object12._x = Math.random()*((Stage.width)-120); object12._y = Math.random()((Stage.height)-10)
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #29
johnnybien

Hey, do you think another solution for the random activation is to make a lot of frames with different objects to find? And the frames will be called randomly.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #30
johnnybien

Hey! I almost done. Can you help me with the hint button and the description / things to find?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: