Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Community Boards > General Chat

Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
alex_tsm1

Cool Sound/Song button without Actionscript

Hey guys just want to give this small tip, if you are trying to make a button that starts and stops a sound or a song this is a simple way too do that without having to youse any code, there it goes:

1: draw on one layer a square and a triangle representing the play and stop button

2: register each of them as ex: play_btn and stop_btn(presswing F8 and asigning the button object value)

3:doubleclick on the play button to enter its stage. On the tiemline youll se the up, over, down and hit frames; click on "over" frame and push on the F5 button do the same on the down and hit frames but press F6 this time.

4:select the Down frame and go to the propertys panel.

5: import to the librerary the mp3 or wav sound/songs you want to attach and select it in the sound list menu in the propertys panel and then in the Sync list menu select PLAY

6:do the steps 3-5 for the stop button but this time in the SYNC list menu of the propertys panel select Stop

And thats it press ctrl+enter and test.

If you want to add more songs just give the buttons different instances like play1,2,3,4.... same for stop and attach the diferent sounds or songs like in step 5 and thats all.

Hope you find this usefull, was for me.

(there is one problem with this and it is that if you put more than one sound and you start the second sound without stopping the first the songs solape, and this issue would need some scripting i guess)
alex_tsm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
henke37

Send a message via Skype™ to henke37

Yeah, that method has a lot of missing features, such as the ability to control the sound from scripting, such as the ability to stop it. But also things like knowing the progress and seeking.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
alex_tsm1

yea absolutly true but might be usefoul fore some cases, i tryet to set it up differently (see tread: Simple sound issue ), but i`m completely stop because im getting errors other arnīt and dont know what else try

But yes i am trying to deal with it because im missing things like u say sound control, pause, sound avoid sound overlaping and knowing witch track is playing if u could check where im stuck in the other thread ii be thankfoul
alex_tsm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Mazoonist
Site Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Mazoonist

It also lacks the ability to pause a sound. You are stuck with the sound always starting from the beginning. Oh well, if that's what you want.

This is the Actionscript 3.0 section of the forum, by the way. People coming here are not looking for ways to avoid using Actionscript.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:24 AM   #5
ASWC
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoonist View Post
This is the Actionscript 3.0 section of the forum, by the way. People coming here are not looking for ways to avoid using Actionscript.
[moderator] true, well let's send this to the general forum.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:30 AM   #6
ASWC
Super Moderator

A lot could be done using simply a sound in the timeline of a graphic. Since a graphic timeline can be sync to a parent movieclip timeline. Stopping the parent will stop the graphic timeline and the embedded sound (if set to streaming). Now that would be your sound pause situation. Same could be done with a movieclip but the timeline of a movieclip has to be stopped directly since movieclips act independently. Better of course would be to handle everything using AS.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: