Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-14-2003, 02:25 PM   #1
chochosan

Send a message via ICQ to chochosan
Default my second flash site :)

http://www14.brinkster.com/chochosan/

It is not yet fully finished and translated into english, but could i ask for some critisizm? Am i going in the right direction, do i need more complexity in the site, should i put more into the background? Is the animation too heavy - I know for sure the scrolling Biography 3line text in the 2nd menu is killing the cpu so i'll replace that, but overall, what do you think???
chochosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 03:10 PM   #2
bluegel
Im watching in my absence

hey

i like the site so far, obviously can't understand a word of it so can't really make too many comments.

I would perhaps change the colour of the background from white to something else to make the site a little more attractive looking.

the way that you have the links are good and the type of animation that occurs when clicking on them. The only thing I didn't like was when one of the links were clicked, to the page where you have a list of squares (one of them was flash) and the shapes keep spinning in the background.

apart from that, its coming along nicely.

Watching in my absence - courtesy of CyanBlue
bluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2003, 07:11 PM   #3
chochosan

yeah, i was thinking about the background.. i'll probably put a background image or smth. ,
About the spininning shapes, you didn't like the squares on the side or the spinning shapes (hexagons)? - that part was the Links subpage... they should appear with links to flash sites, but the animation of their appearance and the text on top is not done yet.

Last edited by chochosan; 04-14-2003 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2003, 09:06 AM   #4
bluegel
Im watching in my absence

didn't like the spinning hexagons (couldn't remember what they were called), they were ok as it was loading, but then they didn't stop and it kinda distracted me.

Watching in my absence - courtesy of CyanBlue
bluegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:10 PM   #5
avelives
"the dude abides..!"

Send a message via AIM to avelives Send a message via Yahoo to avelives

I like this man , and personally i like the background being white,
thought it suited the feel of the site..
Over all like the animations etc but i to dont really like the one spinning hexagon it is to central in field of vision and therefor distracting, and also dont like the animation which appears when you mouse over (what i think is a ) back button.
But all in all.... the dude abides!!
avelives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 10:52 PM   #6
chochosan

oh, come on I just changed the background from white to difference cloud bitmap, and now you're actually telling me that you like i t)), I think I'll put a background "theme" changer inside

yeah, and I'll stop the hexagons from spinning, and change the back button animation, but it'll stil be slide over the whole movie because i need it for the initial animation in order to be seamless with the central menu, I'm also thinking about changing the text animations of the buttons do you know a good text flash program like wildform swfx, but with more comfortable import? and if you do, can you give me a link?
Old 04-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #7
Vman
back from the dead

Overall, I think the site was pretty cool! I agree that the spinning hexagons are a bit much on the one page. But they look pretty cool if you can use them for something else. How did you create them? Swift 3D, Plasma? It looks like you have specularity and shadows turned on. Did you use cartoon shading? I have a hard time keeping file sizes small when I have all of the goodies turned on.
Vman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:16 AM   #8
chochosan

Swift 3d v.3

no shading, no specular highlights, average cartoon fill, otherwise he size will be too big, i jus played a bit with the light source and the size of the animation is within 25k.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: