Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
bandit_08

Default FLVplayback Component + Green Stripes

Hi,

I'm using the FLVplayback component to load in an MP4 file. Originally I was having a problem with it not doing a progressive download and nothing would show up until the entire video was loaded (which is obviously troublesome and non-user friendly for larger videos). After finding information that 're-muxing' the mp4 would solve it, I did that and it loads right away now. the problem though is that once I start the video playing (I have auto-play disabled) I get the green strips displaying in the progress bar, which I have usually only seen in videos in the past for a few seconds when it was first loading in. This happens constantly while playing the video (even after it has completely loaded). Upon hitting pause, the green stripes disappear. If I scrub the playhead forward a bit, the stripes disappear...but I don't want the user to have to do that, and otherwise its distracting to have the green stripes constantly scrolling while the video is playing. Another strange note about this is that it only seems to be happening in Firefox to me...it displays properly (without any green stripes) in Internet Explorer.

Screenshot attached.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this, and any suggestions as to what I can try to do to resolve this?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greenstripes.gif
Views:	58
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	37190  
bandit_08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: