Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Dmitri

Question Placing Text On Top of an Image???

Hey guys

I am fairly new to actionscript and would appreciate some help please.

I am building a little app where the user loads a .png image on stage and I want to allow the user to be able to click on a textTool from the tools tab and place text anywhere on top of the image.

Could you please help me achieve this?

Thank you very much for any help.
Dmitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #2
backshesh

This is what you need to do:
  • First you are going to need to create a button that executes a command that will allow the user to select the image they want.
  • Then you are going to need to setup the way that the image is going to import to, for example where on the stage its going to be placed and the dimensions of the image.
  • Then in order to make the text, you need to create another button that when pressed will create a small icon like the Text symbol that will follow the cursor, and when they either press the mouse again or let go of the mouse a text field will appear where the mouse was and the small icon will dissapear.
  • That text field will need to have to be a input text field, and you may need to have a background to the text field and maybe even need the text to be color changeable if you want the user to see the text.

This is how you would do this, tell us how much of this you can do and if you need help with the action script.
backshesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Dmitri

Thanks for the quick reply backshesh. I got a button that if pressed will put a picture on the "board" and created another button with the instance name of textTool. I will need help from here though please.
Dmitri is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: