Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-06-2003, 04:21 AM   #1
indiochano

Default Critics needed :D

Hi, i'm fairy new to this forum... And somewhat a veteran/newbie in flash... I've been working with flash since 7th grade, (about 4-5 years ago, and I have been addicted to it ever since :P) I haven't gone to design school or anything, nor I have gone to a flash institute or whatever. I just make flash movies and "fictitious" websites for fun... Hmmm, I must be pretty bored to create over 15 movies per week. Anyway, this is a pretty recent flash work I have somewhat attempted to finish, but it's still under construction. I want you people to critique my design as if a professional webpage is to be critiqued (I'm not implying that this website is a pro. one, but you know what I mean)

P.S.: I heard there was a younger guy than me running this forum... Is there any chance I can contact him to see his flash works...? Younger than me, refering to the age of 17 and under.

http://members.fortunecity.com/indio...templateX.html

P.S. 2: Where can I get a free webhosting service that has over 20 mbs of space? Thanks in advance :P
indiochano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Emperor Tamarin

Thumbs up I thought it was good

None of the buttons worked for me, and the music panel didn't appear to control anything. Also, some of the text appeared unfocused. I have the same problem on my site with the text.

Minus these things, I enjoyed the introduction and liked the layout. It should be interesting to view when you get all of the bugs worked out.

As for free hosting, I have an introduction page on Angelfire, with a link to some pages on Geocities. The crap thing about free sites is no cgi. Oh yeah, and pop up adds and banners.
Emperor Tamarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:40 PM   #3
indiochano

Default Re: I thought it was good

Quote:
Originally posted by Emperor Tamarin
None of the buttons worked for me, and the music panel didn't appear to control anything. Also, some of the text appeared unfocused. I have the same problem on my site with the text.

Minus these things, I enjoyed the introduction and liked the layout. It should be interesting to view when you get all of the bugs worked out.

As for free hosting, I have an introduction page on Angelfire, with a link to some pages on Geocities. The crap thing about free sites is no cgi. Oh yeah, and pop up adds and banners.
Yeah, I didn't put any actions to any of the buttons now that it's still under construction... The music is to be added later on along with the music button's actions. Thanks for the critique. The pixel text issue is something i'm working on right now... If someone knows or has experienced this problem before, please reply .
(I tried aligning the text to non-decimal x and y coordinates, but that just helped a little bit... Now, I want the text NOT to be anti-aliased... How can I do this other than x and y coordinate alignment?)

Thanks.
indiochano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:36 PM   #4
jimboonline2003

Default Blurry Text in Flash

I have found the cause of this to be due to where the text is placed on the movie. If you select on the text and look in the properties panel, you should see X and Y text fields telling you the exact location of the object. I always keep these #'s whole #'s, such as X:170 & Y:32. If you have X:345.8 & Y:24.4 it will cause the text to be blurry in the .swf.

Of course I could be wrong, but this always seems to fix the prob for me...

--------------------------

Of course you already tried this and it didnt work, maybe I should read thru the ENTIRE post before replying next time!

--------------------------

Last edited by jimboonline2003; 05-08-2003 at 04:38 PM.
jimboonline2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 04:41 PM   #5
jimboonline2003

About the text anti-aliasing, select your text, go to the properties panel and uncheck the Auto Kern checkbox, and check the Use Device Fonts checkbox. You wont notice a difference until you preview your movie.
jimboonline2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: