Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 01-25-2001, 07:40 PM   #1
Metrov 8

If you don't love black / white and gray tones, don't visit this site. I'm posting for 'feature' consideration. I'm more interested in technical feedback than aesthetic/taste feedback. Please note your connection type, and any other speed conditions. Obviously, by looking at the numbers on this board, the 'views' far outnumber the 'replies'. Don't be lazy folks. Say something. Anything. We all need feedback. I will gladly return the favor; just ask.

http://fineartwebdesign.com

Thank you very much. Your comments are much appreciated. Metrov

[Edited by Metrov 8 on 01-25-2001 at 05:38 PM]
Metrov 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:35 PM   #2
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

And the URL is?
http://fineartwebdesign.com/
?

Cheers

Jesse

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:40 PM   #3
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

Well assuming that's the URL I'd say:

Looks good. I'm not such a fan of black and grey but oyu've got soem orriginal stuff. I have this idea that I would like to be able to drag your preloader (the intializing, circle one), it just looks so draggable!

Good idea preloading each section. I like the rotating circle nav. Works well. Tweens over the 3D images int he background are all a bit jumpy. When I load a segment it sorta jumps in rather than tweens (PIII 650, 256Mb), load time was good considering I was maxing out my bandwidth on other stuff at the same time

Cheers

Jesse

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:56 PM   #4
Metrov 8

Yes, that's the URL, thanks. While I was writing the original thread, I kept telling myself, don't forget the URL, and then I forgot.

Yes, the movies do not slide/tween as smoothly as I'd like, but I've tried everything to fix with no luck. However, on my wife's machine, which has a bit more horsepower [PIII, 600] than mine, they tween perfectly. I think if you checked the site with everything else closed on your system, there'd be no problem. But I can't expect everyone to have PIII/600+.

Drag the Initializing Circle! That's a great idea. I'll let you know when it's done. Thanks, m
Old 01-25-2001, 11:45 PM   #5
Metrov 8

Well, the Initializing Circle is now draggable. I will probably be ridiculed by my peers for making it draggable. Nonetheless, I have to admit it's sort of fun to drag that little goodie around, but then I'm a 50 yr old kid. Alas, if all the world were teenagers.
Old 01-29-2001, 07:20 AM   #6
Fokus

Thumbs up GOOD COLOURS

Well the colours and the layout were very good! I liked the background and the different tones in your site. Good preloaders, they explain in detail whats happening, and give me an idea how long I have to wait(something I overlooked in my site but am now fixing). Finally useability was good, the layout made it straightforward and easy to go from menu to menu.

GOOD JOB!

One thing you could do is bring up the volume on the audio, I could barely hear it...thats all the advice I can come up with.
Fokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2001, 12:52 PM   #7
Metrov 8

Thanks for the feedback Fokus. I think I need to come up with a volume control for that music.

Checked out your site. Like it a lot; very nice. I think you need to maybe change the text background, though. It's kinda hard to read against that grid.

Take care, Metrov
Old 01-31-2001, 03:14 AM   #8
Metrov 8

Hey Fokus,

Installed Volume and Pan controls on the site. Thanks for the suggestion. Check it out if you want. Thanks, Metrov
Old 01-31-2001, 03:29 AM   #9
Fokus

Thumbs up good one

I also have listend to other peoples advice and changed the background of my text fields, if you check again you'll see that it is very easy to read now. Thanks for your advice.

I like your auio panel how it slides out from the center

cheers

http://www.dj-fokus.com
[email protected]
Fokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 03:33 AM   #10
Metrov 8

Thumbs up groovy

Your site's killer dude. Text reads easier. Your nav has some awesome effects going on. And your preloaders are W I L D. Keep up the good work. m

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: