Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-21-2003, 02:33 PM   #1
guru212

Unhappy Question on my text scroller

Hey guys,

I have a question with regards to a scroller I modified to work with a client project.

The scroller works great and the client is happy with it. I'm currently using it in several places in my movie, so I don't want to make radical changes.

However, my client has now asked me to make it so that the movie can be viewed with the Flash 5 player instead of only the Flash 6 player.

So my problem is that when I export my SWF file, I now get this error:

-------------------------------

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
#initclip 0

Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 349: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
#endinitclip

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
#initclip 1

Symbol= ScrollBar, Layer=Actions : Class, Frame=1: Line 369: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
#endinitclip

-------------------------------

Is there any way to modify or change these "initclip" commands to something Flash 5 friendly so that this works?

I've attached the FLA file if anyone wants to take a look at it.

www.cube-interactive.com/upload/uploads/text_test.zip
guru212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
Morten

well as far as i can see you are using components in you movie...

as i know components is a new thing for MX...as a next generation of smart clips....

don´t know much about it my self as i have just started to look in to components...

maybe you can find some help here..

http://www.flashcomponents.net
Morten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
guru212

Unhappy Well....

Well it wasn't a component that I used. I downloaded a scroller from another site and modified it to do what I needed.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
ebmGameGuy

Send a message via AIM to ebmGameGuy

Regardless of the fact that you borrowed the scroller from somewhere else, the following error in your output says it is a component that you are using.

Quote:
Symbol=FUIComponent, Layer=Actions: Class, Frame=1: Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 6 to use this action.
#initclip 0
Flash 5 does not support #initclip/#endinitclip (which are used by components) so you need to either take all of that code out of the movieclip or turn it into a smartclip
ebmGameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:20 PM   #5
guru212

Lightbulb Hmmm

Hmmm. Can you tell me a little more about this "so you need to either take all of that code out of the movieclip or turn it into a smartclip"?
Old 07-21-2003, 09:23 PM   #6
ebmGameGuy

Send a message via AIM to ebmGameGuy

Because the scrollbar is a component it has several methods (functions) built into it, along with its own set of properties. All of these methods and properties are initialized before the scrollbar actually appears onscreen (that's what the #initclip does). So, for the scrollbar to work with flash 5 you will need to either take all of the code off of the first frame of the movieclip which contains the scrollbar (everything between the #initclip and #endinitclip) and initialize the scrollbar after it has appeared onscreen (onLoad), or you will need to look-up how you can turn it into a smartclip. Either way you will need to remove the #initclip for it to work in flash 5).
ebmGameGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: