Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > General > Animation and Effects

Old 11-15-2003, 04:23 AM   #1
spider

Question why it's so difficult for me to make a flare effect ??

Hi!

I'm tired already because u know how you feel when u want to get somethig done and u simply can't (because u don't know some key-stuff )

Hi !

I'm trying to add an effect on a picture.I got the picture and I got another picture (edited in adobe photoshop, v6) with an effect like a flare (if u haven't used photoshop till now, the flare effect is like you want to photograph or film a powerful light, and on the photo/tape you will get some "circles" around the spotlight, because of the lens.)
I think this would be nice in an effect, if you want to put in front something. But how do I do that ? I tried putting the first picture on a frame and the final picture 10 frames to the right. Silly me, it didn't helped, even if the pictures were broken apart; on the first 9 frames I saw the first picture and on the last , the 10th, I saw the final one (althought it had a shape effect). So, I wonder what should I do to add a picture effect in flash, but if possible, editing pictures in other application that flash.If it's not possible, can you tell me how do I add other effects than fade&Co., which came with flash ?
Anyway, thanks for your patience in even reading this thread !
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
baby_annie
How to code in Flash

Send a message via ICQ to baby_annie Send a message via MSN to baby_annie Send a message via Yahoo to baby_annie

You are right. The shape tween not work with breaked apart picture.(it only shows the first and the last key frame) I notice that the onion skin show the effect but in fact it don't do anything.
I know that we can convert picture into symbol then change its properties to make effects. And we can also use mask layer or setMask() action to make a mask effect on picture.
Or u can add 1layer above the picture layer and u tween to make effect too.
baby_annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 03:52 PM   #3
spider

Thumbs up

I think I could do that if I manage to put a flare effect from photoshop on a layer in flash, to convert it to a simbol and then try to play with it... i'll give it a try.
Thanks baby I hope I will be able sometimes to give you some advice.
spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 11:41 AM   #4
baby_annie
How to code in Flash

Send a message via ICQ to baby_annie Send a message via MSN to baby_annie Send a message via Yahoo to baby_annie

I have a .fla that have the flare effect. Have a look a thisI think you can do better...
Attached Files
File Type: zip 10_mesflare.zip (5.5 KB, 846 views)
baby_annie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: