Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-11-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
DigiScript

OK, I need Flash to search through my XML, (which is being generated by ASP), to find a particular element or attribute of an element. Any way to do this?
DigiScript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 08:24 PM   #2
VAYKENT

Default Uhh...

That's the whole idea of the XML object in Flash.. well... not the WHOLE idea.. another half is the creation of XML documents in Flash... anyway...

If you look around and read around (I prefer the read around method ) You'll find that a lot of people have writen their own 'traversing' engines.. I like Moocks scripts - but I'm sure you'll find one you like.

I would recommend writing your own XML and your own traverser for it... since you know what you want - and you know where it is...

If - when you're learning the XML object in Flash you have any questions feel free to ask.. I pay a bit more attention to the Were-Here and Flashkit forums on XML though.... this one is a bit broader... I.e. - I'll answer a question there faster than I would here, if I saw it at all here...
VAYKENT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: