Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Community Boards > General Chat

Old 02-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #1
snapple

Default 1000 cool sites in ye oldey cooly sitey forumey

Since it's birth (don’t, don’t, i shall start getting emotional) it has thrived under all the care, attention and affection paid to it by the users of as.org.

Quite frankly i think it's had a rather luxurious upbringing, slightly spoilt childhood if you ask me, but it seems happy enough to have reached 1000 posts and is making good friends with the other forums.

They are slightly bigger than him, and still do have a habit of taking his cool-sites lunch money, but he does not mind too much.

Next time you pop in there, just take 2 minutes out of your day to ask it how it is, and what is has been upto recently. Don't worry - there's no need to tuck him into bed - he's a big forum now, 1000 posts!!!

I love the cool sites forum. The number of times i am stuck and just spend half an hour or so, flicking through many different sites, all shapes, sizes and colours - it's just great!

Regards, snapple

Last edited by snapple; 02-08-2004 at 06:14 PM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #2
Colin Campbell

And, of course, cool site's could not have been what it is now without the tender, love, and care, of its loving moderator (or mother ) Snapple. Congrats on the milestone Snapple/cool sites

Last edited by Colin Campbell; 02-09-2004 at 02:27 PM.
Colin Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

Congrats to everybody who's been participating in this forum...

I don't normally come in here often unless I am really really bored, sorry, but I was always thinking that maybe you guys should make a lists of de facto _cool_ sites list from the 1000 threads...

What do you think???
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #4
splict
spend my time in blender

That's a great idea, I think, CyanBlue. I don't go there often enough, either (I suck at design and these cool sites make me feel worse ) A top list would be great, though. (but lots of work to make, maybe).

Congrats, Snapple, and all of the people that post so many cool sites (baby_annie, Timmee_3Styler, etc). Hopefully one of mine will make it there one day

Certified Flash MX 2004 Developer
splict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:02 PM   #5
Colin Campbell

I'll make a list, sure
Old 02-08-2004, 09:15 PM   #6
boyzdynasty

aww....Snapple....

Now I'm all emotional.... and the award goes to.....
Old 02-09-2004, 03:17 AM   #7
farafiro
Addicted To FLASH

Send a message via MSN to farafiro Send a message via Yahoo to farafiro

yup
I'm with Cyan
I started to do one my self but it was more than I can do it alone
I've included the URL, the poster, The date
maybe someone can do it oneday
I think it's really worth it
_____________________________________________GHANDI
farafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 03:30 AM   #8
snapple

A list of some of the coolest sites around sounds like a great idea. I think that a good way round to decide which site has made the hot list, would be to ask everyone who was willing to contribute - for their top 10 sites and then chose the most highly ranked ones, what do you think?. It would most certainly be a very worth while list to dive into and start playing.

Collin...mother eh? Ahh, you got me, i do have a habit of trying to foster inanimate objects, next i shall be moving onto my bedside lamp. Thanks for the cool-sites and the kind (albeit slightly teary) words.

CyanBlue, you only go in there when your bored? Well, don’t think it hasn't been noticed. Just the other day, it was telling me how there is a stranger who has 5000 useful heads - but he taunts him, by wondering in there by accident - then getting confused and making his way to the actionscript forum. Thanks very much, 'defacto list' is a great idea.

Splict - i know how you fee, you think "i know what i'll do...a little muse in the cool-sites forum, that will give me a great idea/colour scheme/layout etc etc, and you come out of there rather battered and bruised - however, a couple of days later when the swelling has subsided, your suddenly hit with a different (your) version of a great site your cast your eyes over in the forum.

boyzdynasty, don’t take all the tissues, please, i had to rent my dinner jacket and my salmon salad is looking more like soup. I can't help it, 1000 posts, how can you faile to be impressed the way the forum has taken off. Thanks for your efforts.

Seriously, thanks for everyone’s help, i do love going through the cool-sites...and i know for a fact that other members do too! I do feel bad, because there are members that really make a huge effort to make that forum stronger and stronger, and i have not been posting too much, just been too busy - but i do lurk more than twice a day, and sure enough (very soon) i shall.

Farafiro - it seems like a very long time agian - but beleive it or not, i was flicking through your "best intros" list just the other day. Thats the great thing with the cool-sites forum, you just click "seearch" - with no other criteria, and start dribbling. Thanks for all your efforts my friend.

Thanks again.

Best regards, snapple

Last edited by snapple; 02-09-2004 at 03:33 AM.
snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 07:26 AM   #9
McGiver
Goldmember

Yeah I am with CB, let's create some tasks for snapple
McGiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 02:52 PM   #10
Colin Campbell

Update on the list:

I'm done the first page out of 37

Display Modes Rate This Thread