Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-03-2004, 07:49 PM   #1
betamakz
prototype

Default site check

Hello there,

Just thought I might try this little feature out and see if it will bring as many good things as the other actionscript forums.

Link to a website that I did a few months ago:
http://www.lagomltda.com

please drop me a line and let me know what you think and what could be improved. Thanks a lot beforehand
betamakz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #2
prt1
FlashScape

Sorry but having to wait 60 seconds for a site to load with no way of knowing what the site is about is going to put a lot of people off waiting.
I clicked English but still got a Spanish menu.
Once loaded it seems very slow on a 56k modem so I gave up.
prt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:17 AM   #3
rburns1

Loaded pretty quickly for me. The graphics were outstanding. I guess prt1 didn't realize that the menu were actual product names, sorta like saying California in German, French or in Spanish. It's still California. I did see that the actual info on the side was in english for the english link and spanish for the spanish link.

Excellent job. Some day I'll catch up to ya!!
rburns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 12:51 AM   #4
betamakz
prototype

Well prt1, you do have one valid point in that the website actually had 60 k's of loading to do BEFORE actually reaching preloader. Why 60 k's would take 60 seconds to download is an enigma. But nevertheless this initial load has now been reduced to 14 k's. Thanks for that.

After that yes, the site will be slow for modem users, but that I see as a trade-off. You win some you lose some.

And thank you very much for your kind remarks Mr. rburns1. Last night I went on to show this feature to my friend and I told him that one is likely to mostly receive negative stuff to fix. But you proved me wrong. And you made my day. So thanks. Yes the menu is names of different types that are the same in both languages, but the little contextual text is bilingual.

I have received information from a friend saying she did not first 'get' the fact that there sometimes are submenu items over in the column to the right [called items] in for instance toma5.

is that so? Did you miss that or did you find it or was that just obvious to you?

Thanks again to both of you and thanks beforehand to anyone with additional ideas/suggestions.

Have a sensational day.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:06 PM   #5
rburns1

I myself noticed the submenu's, and also have a habit of moving my mouse over everything, cause you never know what you might find.

But it couldn't hurt to make them more intuitive for people who don't do all that. Like with any presentation, everyone in your audience should easily comprehend what you are trying to convey.
rburns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:42 AM   #6
wdrock

Send a message via AIM to wdrock

Man, this is the stupidest site i have ever seen. JK this site is flippin awesome!! I love it! Good work!
wdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
betamakz
prototype

Well, what can I say. Thanks a lot guys and gals... Really.

But what about suggestions for improvement? C'mon. Hit me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: