Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-23-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
infiniti

Default MC registration point

Does anyone know why some MC's have registration points limited to top left and middle only? I tried modifying with ctrl-i (info) and all options are grayed out except top left and middle. Also tried modifying with free transform tool, which does allow me to drag the registration point, however nothing changes after I applied the transformation. Thanks.

ps. The MC i am modifying is nested within several clips, but I really doubt the parent clips' registration points have any effect on this.
infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 02:33 AM   #2
petefs
Fried Onions

Send a message via AIM to petefs Send a message via MSN to petefs Send a message via Yahoo to petefs

As far as actionscript is concerned, the registration point cannot be modified by using ctrl-i or the free transform tool. I admit that flash is rather confusing in that aspect on first glance, but you'll get used to it.

To truly modify the registration point you'll need to go into your MC and move the elements inside relative to the 0,0 point (which is it's registration). If you have a lot of animation inside the movieclip use the 'Modify Multiple Frames' (think that's what it's called...you'll find it), extend the range to cover the whole timeline, and select everything and move it like that ^_^

G'luck
petefs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: