Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-13-2004, 03:39 PM   #1
FTBWEBDESIGN

Default Windowless Flash

OK I hope that i am asking this question right... well i want to know how do i get my flash movie to play outside of the flash player window... i see this done all the time on sites like msn and others... i was once told to "detect for flash player, eplayer if the flash player is there and graphics if it is" after that answer i think i was more confused then before i asked the question.. if this person was right... how do i "detect for flash player" is that some code i have to put in... please help me out i am so lost here
FTBWEBDESIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 04:03 PM   #2
J_Miller

Hello...

If you are talking about how you see ads play out over the top of a page with a transparent background.......that can be achieved with the use of CSS/HTML layers. The layers can be triggered by the page loading, by mouse over, or even by clicking on something on the page. Once the layer has been called, if the Flash file has been published correctly, then it will play inside of the layer, and will appear to be floating windowlessly over the top of the page.

If you are going to be doing this for a client, be sure to check into who will be serving these ads for you. Each place has its own requirements as to the format, demensions, size, etc. of the Flash files, and you would hate to put something together and then find out you have to redo all of them. If it is for your own site, then none of that will matter cause you can do it how ever you want.

Hope that helps!
J_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
cobo
everyday looser...

do a search on "transparent flash" and you should find some tut´s...

cobo

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: