Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-16-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
asWarrior

Default Tricky problem with loading external swf into targeted Movie Clip

Attached you will find the files I am working on
I split them up into two folders to get it to upload to this board properly, but to get it to work, combine the contents of both into one folder.

Here is what each file does......
main3.fla represents the main website I am designing..........
Upon entering (following an example from Kirupa's website - http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/p...transition.htm) a transition slider will close off the main stage while the content beneath it loads. Once the content has loaded, the transition slider opens allowing the loaded content to appear.
In looking at this file you will find two movieclip placeholders within the main3.fla file - along the lefthand edge......

content_mc
transition_mc

content_mc is the placeholder in which external .swf files load
transition_mc is the transition clip I talked about above that controls the transition slider (opening and closing) while swf files load.

In double clicking on the transition_mc movieclip you will see in the actions layer a one line statement that creates a variable to represent the first .swf file to load at startup. Continuing down to frame 11 of the actions layer you will see code that controls the loading of the swf file into the content_mc placeholder.

If you head back to the main stage and double click on the content_mc placeholder you will see the code that controls the opening of the transition shutters once the external swf file that is called finishes loading. It then makes a call back to the transition_mc code that opens the transition shutters following the successful loading of the .swf.

The swf works perfectly when executed by itself (using only main3.swf).

Here is where the tricky part begins.
In looking at the other file, loaderTest2.fla on the 3rd action layer frame, I used the new MovieClipLoader class as a way to preload the 'main3.swf' file.

I find that when I launch the loaderTest2.swf, it properly preloads the .swf file 'main3.swf' into a movieClip placeholder on the main stage of this file called myContent_mc.

All loads in and executes except for the loading of the content within the content_mc clip controlled by the transition_mc clip (as discussed above).

In trying to troubleshoot this, I placed a trace statement on the 11th frame of the action layer within the transition_mc movieclip within main3.fla to have it display what external swf file was being loaded.

In running main3.fla by itself, the external .swf file being loaded is properly identified in the trace. However, it appears that the onClipEvent(EnterFrame) statement within the content_mc is only being executed once as it's not counting up the number of total bytes of the swf being loaded to continue the process.

*** This is a tricky one I know, but I would really appreciate any help you can offer ***
Attached Files
File Type: zip Final1.zip (299.1 KB, 541 views)
File Type: zip Final2.zip (303.4 KB, 558 views)

Last edited by asWarrior; 06-17-2004 at 12:05 AM.
asWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 02:14 PM   #2
asWarrior

Anyone have any thoughts on this one?
asWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: