View Poll Results: Can we???
Yes... 14 73.68%
No... 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-24-2004, 11:18 PM   #11
annexion
I make out with chicks

Yeah, add more. It'll give people more places for zealous old-timers to use the crosspost tags on new people who innocently don't know better. I'm sure that 800 bytes of extra data in the database prevents the forum from even running...
Old 06-25-2004, 01:28 AM   #12
iKwak

More forums=more confusion for newbies
Is good as it is, imo.
iKwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 05:10 AM   #13
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

I'm not keen on deleting those other forums but will happily add new ones if we can get a consensus on a good structure. Please suggest:
- New forum group (if you think it's necessary)
- All forums which would appear below new group including titles and purpose. Just a few words.

Pls also say if you like or disslike a suggestion by another member. Most popular suggestion will be implimented. We're here to serve your needs.

But yeah, deleting the other forums is something I'd like to avoid for a few reasons.

Take care all.

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:57 AM   #14
pixelwit
village halfwit

While I'm not real keen on some of the descriptions, I do like the structure.
  • Flash MX 2004
    • ActionScript 2.0 : Post ActionScript questions relating to Flash MX 2004 and Professional 2004 here.
    • General Questions : Post non-ActionScript questions related to Flash MX 2004 here.
    • Components : Post questions relating to Flash MX 2004 Components here, including questions on how to use, make and customize components, where to get components, etc.
    • JSFL - Extending Flash : This forum is for discussion of extensions to Flash; how to create them, where to get them, what's hot and what's not.
  • Flash MX and Lower
    • Flash MX ActionScript : Flash MX ActionScript questions only
    • Flash 4 and 5 ActionScript : Flash 5 and Flash 4 ActionScript questions here.
    • Components : Post Flash MX Component questions here.
  • General
    • Simple Stuff (Newbies) : Simple, beginner-level questions should be asked here
    • General Help : General non-ActionScript Flash questions should go here.
    • Animation and Effects : Questions relating to animation and effects (scripted or manual)
    • Tutorial Support : Dedicated to supporting the tutorials (and movies?) found on this site. *Each tutorial has its own thread where users and authors can discuss improvements or clarifications etc. Each tutorial provides a link to official support thread*
    • Flashants Support Forum : A support forum for the Flashants products & services: SWF2Video, FMProjector/FMPlayer, and Windowless Sprite.
  • Flash Integration
    • HTML and JavaScript : How Flash interacts directly with the Internet.
    • Projectors and CDs : How Flash interacts with the desktop.
    • Server-Side Scripting : Questions related to Flash integration with ASP, PHP, CGI, CFML, etc.
    • Flash MX Remoting : Having trouble with that RPC? Can't get your webservice to work correctly? Ask for assistance here!
    • Flash Communication Server : This forum is for posts related to Flash Communication Server.
  • Community Boards
    • General Chat : General chat about Flash and all other 'general' things.
    • Just for Kicks Challenges : Think you're a crack coder? Got a killer idea for a coding competition? Want to see a certain Flash Object extended in crazy, innovative ways? This is the place for you!
    • Detention : Where bad threads go when they can't get along with the rest of the forum.
  • Flash In Action
    • Site Check : Post your site here for constructive criticism from around the world. Test your site against a huge sample space.
    • Cool Sites : Use this forum to discuss Flash sites you've found that you like, dislike etc. Throw ideas around. Please don't post your own site here to be reviewed, that's what the Site Check forum is for.
    • Widgets : Did you make or see a cool little Flash app, experiment, cartoon or movie? Show it off or tell people about it here.
  • Decommissioned
    • Flash Chat Project : A board is dedicated to the ActionScript.org Flash Chat Project.
    • Projects and Positions : Want to employ a freelancer? Need a partner for your next project? Post in here.
    • Tutorial Requests : Post your ideas for tutorials in here and we'll see what we can do.

This is the code for generating the above list (unfortunately it lost some formatting when put in the code/ActionScript window). Copy, edit and paste if you'd like.

ActionScript Code:
[list][*]Flash MX 2004     [list][*]ActionScript 2.0 : Post ActionScript questions relating to Flash MX 2004 and Professional 2004 here.     [*]General Questions : Post non-ActionScript questions related to Flash MX 2004 here.     [*]Components : Post questions relating to Flash MX 2004 Components here, including questions on how to use, make and customize components, where to get components, etc.     [*]JSFL - Extending Flash : This forum is for discussion of extensions to Flash; how to create them, where to get them, what's hot and what's not.     [/list][*]Flash MX and Lower     [list][*]Flash MX ActionScript : Flash MX ActionScript questions only     [*]Flash 4 and 5 ActionScript : Flash 5 and Flash 4 ActionScript questions here.     [*]Components : Post Flash MX Component questions here.     [/list][*]General     [list][*]Simple Stuff (Newbies) : Simple, beginner-level questions should be asked here     [*]General Help : General non-ActionScript Flash questions should go here.     [*]Animation and Effects : Questions relating to animation and effects (scripted or manual)     [*][COLOR=DarkOrange]Tutorial Support : Dedicated to supporting the tutorials (and movies?) found on this site.  *Each tutorial has its own thread where users and authors can discuss improvements or clarifications etc.  Each tutorial provides a link to official support thread*[/COLOR]     [*]Flashants Support Forum : A support forum for the Flashants products & services: SWF2Video, FMProjector/FMPlayer, and Windowless Sprite.     [/list][*][COLOR=DarkOrange]Flash Integration[/COLOR]     [list][*][COLOR=DarkOrange]HTML and JavaScript : How Flash interacts directly with the Internet.[/COLOR]     [*][COLOR=DarkOrange]Projectors and CDs : How Flash interacts with the desktop.[/COLOR]     [*]Server-Side Scripting : Questions related to Flash integration with ASP, PHP, CGI, CFML, etc.     [*]Flash MX Remoting : Having trouble with that RPC? Can't get your webservice to work correctly? Ask for assistance here!     [*]Flash Communication Server : This forum is for posts related to Flash Communication Server.     [/list][*]Community Boards     [list][*]General Chat : General chat about Flash and all other 'general' things.     [*]Just for Kicks Challenges : Think you're a crack coder? Got a killer idea for a coding competition? Want to see a certain Flash Object extended in crazy, innovative ways? This is the place for you!     [*][COLOR=DarkOrange]Detention : Where bad threads go when they can't get along with the rest of the forum.[/COLOR]     [/list][*]Flash In Action     [list][*]Site Check : Post your site here for constructive criticism from around the world. Test your site against a huge sample space.     [*]Cool Sites : Use this forum to discuss Flash sites you've found that you like, dislike etc. Throw ideas around. Please don't post your own site here to be reviewed, that's what the Site Check forum is for.     [*][COLOR=DarkOrange]Widgets : Did you make or see a cool little Flash app, experiment, cartoon or movie?  Show it off or tell people about it here.[/COLOR]     [/list] [*]Decommissioned     [list][*]Flash Chat Project : A board is dedicated to the ActionScript.org Flash Chat Project.     [*]Projects and Positions : Want to employ a freelancer? Need a partner for your next project? Post in here.     [*]Tutorial Requests : Post your ideas for tutorials in here and we'll see what we can do.     [/list][/list]

-PiXELWiT
http://www.pixelwit.com

Last edited by pixelwit; 06-25-2004 at 07:02 AM.
pixelwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:59 AM   #15
dzy2566
I'm back, baby!

I can understand not wanting to add more forums. Here's a thought, though I don't know if these forums are setup to do this...........

Would it help people if we could color code some of the general questions? People don't always title their posts correctly or sometimes they want to say what type of question it is but run out of room by the time they get through "javascript question...." See image attached....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg asorg.jpg (45.2 KB, 493 views)
dzy2566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:09 AM   #16
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

Woohoo... Lovely... I do come up with something that creates something very useful from time to time... I love it...

Let me modify abit on what pixelwit did... (Much appreciated, pixelwit... )
  • Flash MX 2004
    • ActionScript 2.0 : Post ActionScript questions relating to Flash MX 2004 and Professional 2004 here.
    • General Questions : Post non-ActionScript questions related to Flash MX 2004 here.
    • Components : Post questions relating to Flash MX 2004 Components here, including questions on how to use, make and customize components, where to get components, etc.
    • JSFL - Extending Flash : This forum is for discussion of extensions to Flash; how to create them, where to get them, what's hot and what's not.
  • Flash MX and Lower
    • General Questions : Post non-ActionScript questions related to Flash MX here.
  • General
    • Simple Stuff (Newbies) : Simple, beginner-level questions should be asked here
    • General Help : General non-ActionScript Flash questions should go here.
    • Animation and Effects : Questions relating to animation and effects (scripted or manual)
    • Tutorial Support : Dedicated to supporting the tutorials (and movies?) found on this site. *Each tutorial has its own thread where users and authors can discuss improvements or clarifications etc. Each tutorial provides a link to official support thread*
    • Flashants Support Forum : A support forum for the Flashants products & services: SWF2Video, FMProjector/FMPlayer, and Windowless Sprite.
  • Flash Integration
    • Server-Side Scripting : Questions related to Flash integration with ASP, PHP, CGI, CFML, etc.
    • Flash MX Remoting : Having trouble with that RPC? Can't get your webservice to work correctly? Ask for assistance here!
    • Flash Communication Server : This forum is for posts related to Flash Communication Server.
  • Community Boards
    • Just for Kicks Challenges : Think you're a crack coder? Got a killer idea for a coding competition? Want to see a certain Flash Object extended in crazy, innovative ways? This is the place for you!
    • Detention : Where bad threads go when they can't get along with the rest of the forum.
  • Flash In Action
    • Site Check : Post your site here for constructive criticism from around the world. Test your site against a huge sample space.
    • Cool Sites : Use this forum to discuss Flash sites you've found that you like, dislike etc. Throw ideas around. Please don't post your own site here to be reviewed, that's what the Site Check forum is for.
    • Widgets : Did you make or see a cool little Flash app, experiment, cartoon or movie? Show it off or tell people about it here.
  • Decommissioned
    • Flash Chat Project : A board is dedicated to the ActionScript.org Flash Chat Project.
    • Projects and Positions : Want to employ a freelancer? Need a partner for your next project? Post in here. We need some sort of method here to make this forum more active... I do know that we have employment page, but what about somebody(bot) post the same message so that both can be synchronized??? Just a thought...
    • Tutorial Requests : Post your ideas for tutorials in here and we'll see what we can do.
As for the color coding stuff... Good idea... Why don't we somehow utilize the Post Icons section for it??? Change them to Flash MX icon, Flash MX 2004 icon, PHP icon, SQL icon and what nots instead of those 14 emoticons that you see when you post the post at the bottom??? I don't think it will require big modification to the template...
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:53 AM   #17
tg
done

so, i kinda like what pixelwit's done here, but i think for me i need to dumb it down just a bit more.... so this is my version of pixelwits vision.

• Flash MX 2004
  • Flash MX and Lower
  • General
    • General Help: General non-ActionScript Flash questions should go here.
  • Community Boards
  • Flash In Action
  • Decommissioned
    • Projects and Positions : Want to employ a freelancer? Need a partner for your next project? Post in here.
tg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 08:54 AM   #18
tg
done

color coding?.... ummmm.... what about us color blind folks out here?
Old 06-25-2004, 08:56 AM   #19
tg
done

Default hey look, i'm building my own army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefs
I'm with tg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricod
so, yeah. I`m with tg too, in case we`re starting a war here and I have to declare on which side of the red line I am.
so lets watch the wise cracks!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:00 AM   #20
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

Yay... Let's have tg's army attach Billy T's army... Let's see who's winning...
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: