Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-26-2004, 12:05 PM   #1
BadDude

Question Window Component & TextArea Inside

Hi.

I have a really stupid problem.
I've got a dynamically created Window component, with a TextArea inside (in an mc called 'message_mc', and set the contentPath to message_mc).
Lets call the TextArea message_txt.

I'm unable to give the text of it after it is created.
I tried, that I can reach it from the attached movies timeline, so if I put this code to the first frame of message_mc, it is working:

ActionScript Code:
message_txt.text = "set by inline script"

If I put a regular textField next to it, and call it 'tmp_txt', I can set it's text from the Window comps 'complete' event,like

ActionScript Code:
var windowListener = new Object()     windowListener.complete = function(evtObj) {         evtObj.target.content.message_txt.text = "This is my content"         evtObj.target.content.tmp_txt.text = "this is tmp"     }         windowListener.click = function(evtObj) {         evtObj.target.deletePopUp()     }         myWindow.addEventListener("complete", windowListener)

But I can't do it with the TextArea. You can see, I try to set both the TextArea and the textfield's text in the same script, they are on the same frame, and the field get the text, the area doesn't.

AnyHelp?
BadDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 04:10 AM   #2
N[E]rD0511

Try creating the text area in AS then access it. I had a similar problem when writing custom scripts. I don't know why this is the case but I it seems to be.
N[E]rD0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 05:22 AM   #3
petefs
Fried Onions

Send a message via AIM to petefs Send a message via MSN to petefs Send a message via Yahoo to petefs

I'm not sure if this would work, but it's worth a try. It shouldn't, as the redraw on the next frame probably won't fix it.
ActionScript Code:
evtObj.target.content.message_txt.text = "This is my content" evtObj.target.content.message_txt.invalidate();

Also: what do you get from trace(evtObj.target.content.message_txt); ? or trace(evtObj.target.content.message_txt); after you set the text?

If that fails, using doLater() should work. components seem to have a one frame sort of 'summoning sickness' before they can be addresses properly.

Last edited by petefs; 11-11-2004 at 05:25 AM.
petefs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: