Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 08-13-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
tallone2

Default ScrollPane : WTF - works 1 day .. not the rest

All right, my problem is first i choose to use component and i shouldnt have (I feel like i am in a support group or something).

2nd is i used the scrollPane component.

Now that i have that out of the way, here is my issue. I built a external .swf with images and text (basically a intro .swf) and i am loading this into the contentPath of a scrollPane instance. Here is what i have tried.

1. Just putting the Intro.swf in the contentPath of the instance in the movie clip. Works 100% in the projector/development environment. But the client reported that the swf was outside the bounds of the scrollPane and would move with the scrollers( ie no mask ). I have tried waiting till the very last frame in the movie to tell it to load the contentPath and still it would work in the development / projector but continued to be FUBAR'd in the browser version. After a few hits of the clients site i too was getting thie component "feature". I did a lot of scouring and found an idea so tried that enter 2.

2. add a onLoad function to the scrollPane instance. I did this and clear'd the contentPath of that instanced scrollPane. It worked in the browser WOO HOO. I am thinking i am all done. But no go, 2 days later i hit the site to check it out and WTF the scrollPane is back to its crazyness.

How can this happen, how can it run propperly and with NOT A SINGLE CHANGE in the swf it get a messed up?

BTW this is the single SWF that i am importing into the application.

I fear that if i move that internal it will work for a bit and then screw up again.

anyone have a suggestion to this never ending issue with the scrollPane?

thanks
tallone2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: