Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-21-2004, 04:49 AM   #1
magician09

Question [AS1] Tiered Scoring System For Flash Game

Hi,

I am new here and I have a problem that I have been trying to fix for a good month or so now. I am not overly familiar with ActionScript but I have an average understanding of how it all works. Anyway, here is my problem:

I have created a Flash game based on the kids learning game "Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check" using a quiz template provided by Flash, I don't know if anyone knows the game but what basically happens in the game is the user is given a word, audio plays the word, an animated hand covers it up, the user is then prompted to type in the word, they click a check answer button and that then tells them whether it is spelt correctly or not. This is where the problem occurs, at the current time, the student gets three goes at spelling the word correctly and what I want to do is have a scoring system so if the user gets the word right the first time they get 10 points, second time they get 5 points, third time they get 2 points and then if they get it wrong again the game proceeds onto the next word. Does anyone have any idea how I may be able to implement this kind of scoring system using ActionScript in Flash MX? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
magician09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 09:27 AM   #2
genuinairguitar
I'm not a user

Without looking at the code it's difficult to say exactly what you need to do but basically you want to use variables to set the different levels of scoring.

i.e:

total_score
answer_first_time = 10
answer_second_time = 5
answer_third_time = 1

Then depending on the code, you'll have to add the appropriate answer variable to the total_score. You could put the answer variables in an array to make it easier.

Hope that helps, if not, post the fla so we can have a look.
genuinairguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 11:10 PM   #3
magician09

Thanks. That helps a lot but i'm not sure how to implement it in my game. I have attached the .fla for my game so you are more than welcome to have a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LoCoWrCh.zip (137.4 KB, 337 views)
magician09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 12:18 PM   #4
genuinairguitar
I'm not a user

Hi magician09

Looked at your file, it uses components which I'm not familiar with at the moment.

Can anyone else help magician09?
genuinairguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: