Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 01-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #11
Numerials

Okay I've now installed red5 but it needs all these other things like java ee or something and eclipse and hundreds of softwares (seemingly anyway) so I know I should probably post this question on red5's forum but I need to ask you. Can you either explain or point me in the right direction:

Where do i get all the tutorials for all these different softwares i now need in order to as an end result have a simple lan server to run my simple swf (also where to learn the actionscipt commands to do so) to have a pong game with a friend on my LAN..

Are there any fla files as an example that can show the most stripped down version of a most basic network communication? Do I really need Java EE and Eclipse and Python and Apache Server and red5 ALL installed on my computer and running at same time to do this? How did Load Runner with its ipx connection and Diablo II with its super simple tcp/ip connection do this without using up tons of memory in my computer hosting servers?

Any reply is appreciated.
Numerials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
timothy0726

sir i would like to know how did you do that Flash Game in LAN ..mine is. i want fighting games like street fighter, to be in lan. how can i do that?? u said it must have an server.how..can u pls give me a copy??pls.. ..More Powers and Godbless
timothy0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #13
bowljoman

Red5 is not required anymore.

Today we use red5 only for playing remote online users.

For LAN gaming only brassmonkey is used.

One browser becomes the game, and the players install brassmonkey on their smart-phone. Then you can share the monitor/tv while controlling the character with the smartphone.

It is also possible to setup multi browsers on your lan so each player gets their own perspective.

I do both of these techniques in various situations. I've done countless experiments with various stacks. Even made a remote control app to control winamp playlist from the itouch.

Grab the SDK from http://playbrassmonkey.com/developers/

There is no IOS developer license needed to make controls for the iphone or anything.

Have fun!
Andy
disclosure: Im the lead flash platform guy so any questions, just holler.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #14
timothy0726

in making fighting games like street fighter can brassmonkey be used in lan gaming?? 2 players in different computer..
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #15
eratosthenes

will hamachi work for this?

cant post links, google it
eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #16
bowljoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy0726 View Post
in making fighting games like street fighter can brassmonkey be used in lan gaming?? 2 players in different computer..
Yes, but in a situation with two different browsers linking two players, you will need a link.

Red5 is an option or you could look at the 'Stratus' options, which may be faster to implement.

Any chat server could work as middle man really.

Imagine "sendCHat('attack1')" , and all the players in that chat room see the character clip named after the sender do the attack animation sequence.

A third option is to create an air application for at least one client to run. Using air, the application can open a socket and listen for incoming connections from any other non-air clients. Non-air clients use a socket class to reach out to air's ServerSocket class.

hamachi can work if there is an html JavaScript accessible component.

Last edited by bowljoman; 03-26-2012 at 04:17 AM.
bowljoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #17
timothy0726

woaah..wow..thats a lot of work to do..and so hard..im just in an intermediate level in making flash game..i made a street fighter game-like but i dont know how can two different person play with each other..but thanks anyways for your replies.. Godbless
Old 03-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #18
bowljoman

not really...

Defiantly though. setting up two players in one browser is super super easy.

Try that first .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: