Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 10-04-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
wyclef
She Bangs! She Bangs!

Default Managing Extensions

Hi,

Do people use the Extension Manager a lot? What's the best way to utilize this application? Just download a bunch of extensions and try them out? What's the latest version of extension manager? What's the difference between an extension and a component?

Also, can someone explain how to utilize the Flash Project thing in MX 2004 to my advantage?

Last edited by wyclef; 10-04-2004 at 04:53 PM.
wyclef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:00 AM   #2
tdoublea

version 1.6.062 i think...
The Extension Manager is basically used to unzip any .mxi files you may download of the web. mxi files are packages that contain an extension to Flash- such as a command, component, tool, or effect- and an xml file containing to any information about these extensions... like descriptions, what directories to place them, etc.
You mainly use it when you double click on an mxi file you have downloaded, but you can always open the extensions manager and check out which extensions you have from outside sources and their info. You can also send any extensions you have made or visit the Macromedia Exchange site from the File menu

As far as the Flash Project... i'm not sure. don't use it. But i assume it's an easy way to navegate to and associate flas, jsfl, classes pertaining to a project from within flash, instead of having to go to File>Open to find any files pertaining to a project- kind of like Dreamweaver's Sites panel.

hope it sheds some light.
-t
tdoublea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
hangalot
lala

not mxi files, mxp files from the web. mxi files are used to build extensions (mxp)
Old 10-05-2004, 02:06 PM   #4
wyclef
She Bangs! She Bangs!

I guess i'm just overwhelmed by all the resources out there, and not sure the best way to manage everything available in an organized manner. I suppose it's best to just deal with things on a project by project basis maybe.
wyclef is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: