Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 11-15-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
pickledvellum

Default out animation between seperate .swf files

I'm trying to get a smoother look to my website. I have animations leading into each page but I also want animations leaving each page. The site has three layers of .swf files 1.background 2.content (where I need the out animation) 3.navagation

Here is my site http://www.pickledvellum.com

I think you'll see what I'm trying to do.
pickledvellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:09 PM   #2
Ruben
Me

Send a message via MSN to Ruben Send a message via Skype™ to Ruben

so what's the problem?

- Ruben

PS. Try to increase your framerate (the animation with the clouds seems a bit shocky)
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #3
pickledvellum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben
so what's the problem?

- Ruben

PS. Try to increase your framerate (the animation with the clouds seems a bit shocky)
thanks for the advise

the problem is I would like the images to scroll off the way they scrolled on before they go to the next page
Old 11-15-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
Ruben
Me

well try this:

1. Go to whereever your animation is for introducing the content to the stage
2. On the last frame of the animation place a stop();
3. Create another animation on the frames after the "introduction-animation" which scrolls the stuff off the stage or however you want it to be
4. On the last frame of the animation you place the following script:[as]_root.movieclipwithcontent.loadMovie(_root.buttonc licked+".swf");
5. Then put use this script when one of the menubuttons is clicked:
ActionScript Code:
menuButton.onRelease = function(){   _root.buttonclicked = "furniture";   // for the art-button the value needs to be "art", etc...   movieclipwithanimation.play();   // of course "movieclipwithanimation" needs to be replace with the proper name }

That's basically all you need...though there's some stuff you need to figure out yourself (like folder-/filenames which I don't know since you haven't given that much of details )

You should be able to help yourself from here, though if you get stuck don't be shy to ask

- Ruben
Old 11-15-2004, 06:34 PM   #5
pickledvellum

I'm still not getting it to work. Here is more info

I'm goint to start with my contact page (contact.swf) that page is controlled by the navagation page that sits on top of it (nav.swf) with the (contact_btn)

when the (contact.swf) is loaded and I click any button say the (art_btn) which is on the (nav.swf) I want it to play the out animation for the contact page that is in (out_mc)

I'm trying to work with that code you gave me but I'm still doing something wrong.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
Ruben
Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickledvellum
I'm still not getting it to work. Here is more info

I'm goint to start with my contact page (contact.swf) that page is controlled by the navagation page that sits on top of it (nav.swf) with the (contact_btn)

when the (contact.swf) is loaded and I click any button say the (art_btn) which is on the (nav.swf) I want it to play the out animation for the contact page that is in (out_mc)

I'm trying to work with that code you gave me but I'm still doing something wrong.
...alright, when art_btn gets clicked (in the situation you described) tell the movieclip in which contact.swf has been loaded to start playing: movieclipinwhichstuffisloaded.play(); (contact.swf begins with an animation of scrolling stuff on the stage, followed by a stop(); argument and after that an animation of scrolling stuff off the stage, so when art_btn gets clicked stuff is scrolled off the stage).

Also when art_btn gets clicked set some variable to "art" (for instance _root.somevar = "art";). When the stuff in contact.swf is scrolled off the stage a another movie is loaded (for instance loadMovie("somefolder/"+_root.somevar+".swf");).

That's the whole idea, does that help you understand stuff better?

- Ruben

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: