Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
dirtyrig

Unhappy scrolling text ticker problem

I need help....

I've been batteling with this for 2+ days... I am attempting to create a ticker html auto scroller that will pause when the mouse is over the text and scroll either up or down, y position, when the mouse either gets closer to the top or the opposite when its closer to the bottom position. I'm using a movie clip, style sheet and dynamic text. I can't use onMouseOver or rollOver commands because if I do I can't use the links on the loaded html page on the dynamic text box. I can scroll the text, using a movie clip and actionscript, i've attached the stylesheet and the .html file, everything is working well. But i can't adjust the scrolling features for the life of me. Some problems I've encountered:
1) If my hitTest is too close to the edges of the movie clip, when i move the mouse over with speed it doesn't have enough time to complete the script and stalls. (I had to rig a fix by decreasing the _x position so there is some quiet zones left and right but this causes a very narrow hit point)
2) I can't figure out how to properly immplement the scrolling feature that i'm shooting for, which is when the mouse is over the scrolling movie, with the text in it, i want it to pause, as i move the mouse up i want it to scroll down and the reverse when i scroll down past the center point. I've included the files if anyone would be so kind as to take a look and see what i might do better...
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated...
thanks
link to file and all components

Last edited by dirtyrig; 02-06-2005 at 04:45 PM.
dirtyrig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: