Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #1
halkiede

Default buttons in external swf

Hi,
First post here, so be gentle.
I am having a problem getting buttons in my external .swf movies to load their appropriate content.
In my main timeline of my root movie i have 4 buttons on the stage. One of these buttons loads in a new external swf onto the stage. To do this I use this actionscript to call the movie:
ActionScript Code:
_root.buttonmc.button1.onRelease=function() {  if(nextMovie!="content4.swf"){  nextMovie="content4.swf";  _level1.gotoAndPlay("outro");  }  }
This works perfect and loads in the content 4 movie. In the content movie I have another ten or so buttons which will load at the top of the page. when one of these buttons is clicked i want another movie to load directly underneath all these buttons. i want to keep all these buttons on the stage as these movies are illustrations i have done and i want each illustration to load and the user be able to navigate through them with buttons above them. i have created each illustration as a separate swf file as i want to do nice transitions between them. the actionscript that i use to control these buttons is basically the same as the script from my main menu:
ActionScript Code:
_parent.hellotheremc.madbutton.onRelease=function() {  if(nextMovie!="content150.swf"){  nextMovie="content150.swf";  _level1.gotoAndPlay("outro");  }  }
The content 4 movie loads in and the buttons appear but none of these buttons will work. any ideas what i am doing wrong. I think it may have something to do with paths but I can't figure it out.
thanks in advance

Last edited by CyanBlue; 02-15-2005 at 08:49 PM. Reason: AS tag is applied
halkiede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:17 AM   #2
halkiede

anyone?
halkiede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 03:49 AM   #3
tGP
-->

it depends on where the second block of code you posted is being placed... is it in the, that is how we will know if your paths are straight... also, make sure all your instance names are correct, thats the first thing you should check when you are suspecting a pathing problem, its and easy to do mistake...

post where the code is placed, and i will be able to help you more.

cheers.
j
tGP is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: