Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > General > Gaming and Game Development

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
Total Frigging

Question [AS2] Card Match Game, Colour Me In Pictures and Board Game

Hey guys,

I recently told a few young relatives that I would make them some great games in Flash. However, although I am of a decent level of understanding Im a little stuck with the ideas I gave them. Here is what I would create. If any of you could help me bring them to fruition I would be very grateful.

Colour Me In Picture

A game that has a picture with black outlines and white middle sections. The user has the option to select a colour and fill the white sections between the outlines with that colour. Ive seen this before but I dont know where to start to bring it together. I would ultimately like to have a few pictures to choose from and then have an option to print them out when they are coloured if it is possible.

Card Match Game

Im sure you have seen these games. Its where there are a set of cards lined out with their backs facing upward and the user chooses two. If they match they disappear, if not they flip back over until the user memorises the cards positions. I would like to be able to have the cards change places randomly each time the game starts up (if possible) and would like the game to be timed so upon completion a message tells you how you did and how long it took you and this time can be challenged later on.

Board Game

This is the promise I made which I fear the most. I would like to create a long rectangle with a hundred or so spaces. I would like a button that randomly generates a dice roll (1 to 6) and moves the player that many spaces forward. Upon the completion of the roll and the player movement I would like a randomly selected question to be asked. Each correct answer allows the player to roll again, whereas if the wrong anwer is given a life is lost and a new quesion is asked. A question needs to be answered correctly for the user to roll again. I aim to give the users five lives to begin with.
Upon the board I would like special squares too. Like red ones which will send the user back a number of spaces if it is landed on, blue ones which send the user forward a number of spaces and green ones which will give the user an extra life. Stuff like that although other suggestion to expand would be great also.
Obviously the rectangle is going to be longer than the screen so i need to add code which allows it to scroll and the background with it.
The aim of the game is to reach the final square without losing all of the lives given to you.

I know Im probably asking a lot but help with these would be fantastic cos I dont want to disappoint the young 'uns! If I wasnt in depth enough just reply here and I'll try and explain more.

Thanks in advance and cheers

Davie
Total Frigging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
Total Frigging

Can no one help?

Davie
Total Frigging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
ericlin

Quote:
I would make them some great games in Flash
So, you should start to make a game. When you get any specific problem, post it here and you will get help.

If you post only the "idea", I could only reply it with "yea, those are great idea".
ericlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
ubergrafik
milky...

Send a message via MSN to ubergrafik

Ah, promises promises!! Get some flash game books for a head start. Would recommened:

flash mx 2004 games demystified.

Goes through EVERYTHING. You will be a superstar game making relative that can do no wrong... There is effort involved, but it would be a good thing to have under your belt.

I would reccomend at least to do a search for some tutes on the web. I'll dig around and post some links soon (got to go out right now).
Good luck. Get the book. Make more promises...
ubergrafik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #5
ubergrafik
milky...

Send a message via MSN to ubergrafik

oh yeah, just quickly, as a start:

www.gotoandplay.it
ubergrafik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: