Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Supporting Technologies > Server-Side Scripting

Old 11-13-2001, 08:19 PM   #1
flashgordon

Lightbulb making movie go to new scene after successful form submission

Please help!
I have a simple cgi script that verifies data, writes to a database, then returns variables with the following sub:

sub pp{

if($error ne "none"){ # IF ERROR

print<<HTML;
error=
<b><font color="#FF0000" face="Arial, Helveta, Sans-serif">$print_error</font></b>
HTML

}else{ # IF NO ERROR

print<<HTML;
success=
<b><font color="#FF0000" face="Arial, Helveta, Sans-serif">Signup Successful!</font></b>
HTML

}

Question: I have the variables (error and success) coming into dynamic text boxes with the loadvariablesNum on the submit button, but I want to jump to a new scene on the success variable. (currently all the messages are on the same screen as the form) this new scene will be a blank screen with just the success message. Is there an EASY way to do this?? I am very new to cgi/flash interactions., so forgive me if this question is below the scope of this message board.

Thanks for any help, or for pointing me to where I can find this out on my own.
flashgordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: