Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Old 04-05-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
antonyx

Question allow your user to upload their own .swf file to your web server

ok, i am currently using 1asphost (free asp 100mb host) to run a simple website with a flash interface and an ms access database. the users sign up, take quizes, saves theirs scores, things like that.
the actual website itself is a flash tutorial, and as users progress through the site they slowly make a little flash movie.
in my original requirements i stated that the user will be able to upload their movie into the site to been seen in the showcase.

i am quite experienced with flash and am gettin to grips now with the actionscript, the loadvar(), grouping things and so on.

what i need to know now is how i would approach the situation to fulfill my last requirement.

how easy is it to create a little 'upload a file' form. this way, the user will log in, and at some stage can upload their .swf file onto my asp host server.

i would then need that file to be saved in my database or just on my host, not sure.

then if this is successful i can create a page that is called showcase, and has links to the swfs people have uploaded, and are there to be viewed.

a solution or advice is needed i think to get me started

thanks in advance
antonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #2
nitinmukesh123
nITiNkIlLeRmEeRuT

check the below link..

http://www.impulsedigital.com/idio/idio-v1/

http://www.motobit.com/tips/detpg_uploadvbsie/

Hope it helps..
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Coo

Last edited by nitinmukesh123; 04-05-2005 at 01:08 PM.
nitinmukesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #3
antonyx

those two links look like exactly what im looking for thanks a lot.

ok, i am picking up a lot of the advanced features of flash quite quickly, such as functions, variables and so on...
like i said the main bulk of my site is done.
from today i have just under 3 weeks to complete the project, and luckily i dont have to spend to much time on making it look 'good'...
could i implement this uploading function into my site easily.. I mean, is the process a lot more complicated then what im doin now.. asp..database..actionscript...
because if i do allow users to upload their swfs, im gonna need a way to retreive them and display them in various scenes of my site...
and the swfs will have to correspond to the user that has just logged in. blabla..

so,.. do you think this can be done in about 2 weeks.. just wanna know your lots view on that. (still got 100 pages to write aswelll.. DAMN DEGREES

Last edited by antonyx; 04-05-2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
nitinmukesh123
nITiNkIlLeRmEeRuT

Hey it is not as complicated as it looks just because you need not have to explorer anything. You can easily get the readymade samples on different websites you just need to integrate them.
What actually you needs to do is just create a folder on server and save the files uploaded by user in that folder. also save the file name in the database. so when user login and wants to see the swf which he uploaded just get the filename from database and open it in new browser window.

If you need any more help tell me.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Coo
nitinmukesh123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #5
antonyx

kemcho!
ok i am gonna try and get this going, ill prob need some advice at some point next week so if i have any troubles ill post. thanks again nit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: