Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-15-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
kamran_pro

Smile My personal website

I was sent to these forums by my friend brendanww to share the design of my personal website. Please tell me what do you think of it.
kamran_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
Echo419

Yo man post ur direct link .tk never works

-echo
www.attackingecho.com
Echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
kamran_pro

It never works when ads are turned on in it so I turned them off. It should work. Anyway here's the direct link
Old 05-15-2005, 05:53 PM   #4
Echo419

Hmm.... Kinda lost, I found no flash on that page?

The layout is "okay" at best its just a nifty picture with some text on either side... Atleast put some rolloevers on those links. Good luck

-echo
www.attackingecho.com
Old 05-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #5
kamran_pro

That's an XHTML website and you can't have many itsy-bitsy eye candies in XHTML without Flash. I didn't need Flash so I didn't use it. I'm sorry if I'd been in wrong forum because of no Flash.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:00 PM   #6
Echo419

oo hmm... Well actionscript is the coding language used in Flash (hence the name actionscript.org), so its more of a flash site... Hmm I like how you have the html text box in the middle, it is at all possible to change the color of your scroll bars? I believe you can, also look into seeing if u can change ur text box background to a more flowing color to match your site, maybe a slate gray or blue?

-echo
www.attackingecho.com
Old 05-15-2005, 06:17 PM   #7
kamran_pro

The textbox does have a background image. Maybe you didn't see it.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't use scrollbar colors as I don't like IE specific tricks. I'd consider using it via @import style sheet though.
I know about ActionScript I just thought we can showcase our XHTML designs like in Flash-kit forums.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #8
Ruben
Me

Send a message via MSN to Ruben Send a message via Skype™ to Ruben

Yeah sure you can show your website here (don't know if everybody on the boards would agree with me on that one though), flash or no flash...

Regarding what you said about not needing flash thus not using it; I partually agree with you on that since I think unnecessarily using anything can eventually become quite irritating. Though quite often people create a portfolio for themselves for the sake of getting jobs, in order to get somebody to hire you they'll have to be convinced that you're good, and that's what your portfolio-site should do; convince an employer you're good at what you do.

...and that's exactly (in a nutshell) why alot of people tend to use Flash in their websites...

- Ruben
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:06 PM   #9
kamran_pro

Truly said Ruben. I fully agree with you one that. However, the thing is that if you'd read About Me, you'd know that I'm only 16 years old so I don't need any job kinda thing now. I just created it outta boredom. But when I'll be in need of a job I'll keep in mind your advice

XHTML is also cool, and it's the best choice if not using Flash. Many large websites consider XHTML as they can't consider Flash to be economic for very large websites (like there is still not a popular forum script for Flash). Thus I wanted to try out a design that's not meant to be for XHTML. XHTML is more suited for pages spread over screen and largely scrollable. I tried many ways for that centered text-box like iframes etc. but found DIV overlays to be more suitable.

BTW, I am a Flash Developer since Flash 5 Just never visited ActionScript forums.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:37 PM   #10
Ruben
Me

Send a message via MSN to Ruben Send a message via Skype™ to Ruben

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran_pro
BTW, I am a Flash Developer since Flash 5 Just never visited ActionScript forums.
I've also been around since flash5, I'm 17yrs old at the moment.

You're right about what you said considering xhtml, the only disadvantage (well wouldn't really call it that but that was the best that popped up) is that browsers at the moment don't really read xhtml as strict as it was meant to be.
For instance, there are certain rules you can ignore (which makes the w3 xhtml-validator say your site isn't valid) and at the same time have browsers display your page correct...

As for large companies not using flash, well yeah, for instance the macromedia-site. But hey, nobody ever said you should use flash for every website you make (well as far as I know )
Though I do think you could use the advantages of flash even without making an all-flash site...

- Ruben
Ruben is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: