Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
PINGELS

Question Problem with MX 2004 and ASP

I have this probelm and I'm afraid I might not be able to describe it properly because I don't know much about ASP.

I have developed several games for a client using Flash MX. An ASP script generates session objects?, a html page with the user account info and my Flash game in it. Everything has always worked until I started developing the games in Flash MX 2004 PRO. Now the preloader gets stuck with about 415 bytes left to go (it is consistant on this, always stopping at the exact same place). I took out the preloader and just allowed the assets to download but whenever I make a call to any other ASP scripts it just fails to respond. I've tried to publish the Flash game for Flash 6 but it does the same thing. I then created a test app with just a simple line of code making a call to the ASP and it does the same so I can only conclude that it has something to do with something Flash MX 2004 does which the ASP does not like.

It's not anything to do with the Action Script code. If I run the file outside the ASP environment it loads OK and when I make calls to a text files instead of ASP it works fine. Also, when I open one of the games that was developed in Flash MX (and works) with MX 2004 and republish it (for Player 6 or 7), it fails.

Any ideas?

Thanks
PINGELS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: