Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-14-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
diciccod

Default Add onSomething to Array MovieClip

i would like to add button functionality to a movieclip stored in an array
the image loads fine in the final product but i cant get any onRollOver or onPress to work.

ActionScript Code:
var buttonarray:Array=new Array(); var xspot = 0; for(var i = 0; i<=4; i++) {      buttonarray[i] = createEmptyMovieClip("movieclip"+i,this.getNextHighestDepth);      loadMovie("bg.jpg",_root["movieclip"+i]);      buttonarray[i]._yscale = 100;      buttonarray[i]._xscale = 100;      buttonarray[i]._x = xspot;      buttonarray[i].onPress = function() {          trace("ihopethisworks");          }      xspot += 10; } trace(buttonarray);
diciccod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
agent81

wait untill the loading has begun, to assign events to your button, or create another movie inside the button, and load the image into that.

(loadMovie replaces the current movie with the loaded movie, therefore resetting the events attached to it)
agent81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #3
diciccod

what do u mean wait until the loading has begun.. i see that it replaces the clip, so how do i refer to the new loaded clip to assign a button handler to
Old 06-14-2005, 09:00 AM   #4
diciccod

Ok, i did what u said and i made a movieclip to handle the button events on the outside. And your right it does allow me to click and roll over. But now i can't load more than one picture? Everytime it goes through the loop it seems to erase the picture and clip before it because i am only getting the last picture and clip it calls me at the last x location

ActionScript Code:
var xspot = 0; for(var i = 1; i<=4; i++) {      createEmptyMovieClip("movieclipholder"+i,this.getNextHighestDepth); //Creates the holder      _root["movieclipholder"+i].createEmptyMovieClip("movieclip"+i,this.getNextHighestDepth); //Creates the picholder inside the clipholder      loadMovie("photoalbum/bullfrog111704/thumbs/"+i+".jpg",_root["movieclipholder"+i]["movieclip"+i]); //Adds the pic to the inside picholder      _root["movieclipholder"+i]._x = xspot; // Just moves the clipholder's x so they arent over eachother      _root["movieclipholder"+i].onPress = function() { // Sets up btn function on clipholder           trace("why is there only one picture!");           trace(this);          }          xspot += 100;         }
Old 06-14-2005, 09:04 AM   #5
pajaro

(loadMovie replaces the current movie with the loaded movie, therefore resetting the events attached to it)

well, I think that onClipEvent(load) event does not get replaced
pajaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:13 AM   #6
diciccod

are you just saying that to respond to what agent said? because i cant see how it would tie in with my case

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: