Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Other Flash General Questions

Old 08-12-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Mike_Reynolds
Dragon's Pearl

Default Embed %: height resizing to % of screen, not relative to width

I want my movie to embed with html to exactly the same proportions as it's predefined size in Flash. With width="100%" height="60%" it looks good maximized, but as the screen width is reduced the Flash movie shrinks in proportion, while the height of the place-holder space holds steady, leaving ugly space above and below the movie. The html place-holder starts as a rectangle and ends up as a square, with no regards to the predefined proportions of the movie. As the window width is shrunk the movie pushes away from the top of the window and shrinks away from the text beneath it so that the text is no longer flush with the bottom of the movie, which looks hideous.

Is there any way to get rid of this space? I suppose that most screens will be relatively close to the same proportions so that the 100% 60% settings will work most of the time, but I would like to find something more robust that will always work no matter what the screen proportions are.

Here is an example: http://mike1reynolds.5u.com/dream.htm.

The dream helmet banner is just text that I will replace with an animation. Also note the buttons, is this hot eye candy I made, or a CPU hog? All comments or criticism are welcome. This is my first website, Iím doing it for free just learn how. [email protected].
Mike_Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: