Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 08-18-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Navarone
Don

Default scrolllPane loading images issue?

I have a question on how to do something. First I on my stage I have a scrollPane that I want to use for displaying thumbnail images. So in the library I have a movieClip with a Loader component, an instance name of "myLoader".

Now I have been successful in getting the movieClip into the scrollPane and loading an image, but I want to run through a for loop to load all the images.

How would I go about do this.

ActionScript Code:
var myScrollPane:mx.containers.ScrollPane; myScrollPane.contentPath = 'mc_container'; // MyPicVars = new LoadVars(); MyPicVars.load("jetPlane.txt"); MyPicVars.onLoad = function(success) {     if (success) {         trace("loaded");         Rc = this["Rc"];         for (i=0; i<=Rc-1; i++) {             trace(this["pic"+i]);             myScrollPane.content.myLoader.contentPath = "jetPlane/"+this["pic"+i];         }     } else {         trace("not loaded");     } };
Old 08-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #2
Navarone
Don

I added a new emptyMovieClip as the myScrollPane.contentPath The trace(mc_container.myLoader.contentPath), list out the correct images in the output box, but I still can't get the images to load.
ActionScript Code:
var myScrollPane:mx.containers.ScrollPane; myScrollPane.contentPath = 'mc_holder'; // MyPicVars = new LoadVars(); MyPicVars.load("jetPlane.txt"); MyPicVars.onLoad = function(success) {     if (success) {         trace("loaded");         Rc = this["Rc"];         var my_mc:MovieClip;         for (i=0; i<=Rc-1; i++) {             //trace(this["pic"+i]);             my_mc = myScrollPane.content.attachMovie("mc_container", "mc"+i, i, this.getNextHighestDepth());             my_mc._x = 5;             my_mc._y = 5+(i*80);             mc_container.myLoader.contentPath = "jetPlane/"+this["pic"+i];             trace(mc_container.myLoader.contentPath)             my_mc.i = i;                myScrollPane.invalidate();         }     } else {         trace("not loaded");     } };
Old 08-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

Send a message via AIM to sleekdigital Send a message via MSN to sleekdigital Send a message via Yahoo to sleekdigital

EDIT: I wrote this in response to the first post, did not read second yet

Well in each iteration of the loop you are just replacing what you did in the previous iteration. Maybe do this instead....

ActionScript Code:
var myScrollPane:mx.containers.ScrollPane; // myScrollPane.contentPath = 'mc_container'; // instead make this a blank mc (so have a blank mc in lib with linkage "blank") myScrollPane.contentPath = "blank"; // MyPicVars = new LoadVars(); MyPicVars.load("jetPlane.txt"); MyPicVars.onLoad = function(success) {      if (success) {           trace("loaded");           Rc = this["Rc"];           var currentClip;           for (i=0; i<=Rc-1; i++) {                trace(this["pic"+i]);                currentClip = myScrollPane.content.attachMovie("'mc_container'", "pic"+i, i);                currentClip.myLoader.contentPath = "jetPlane/"+this["pic"+i];           }      } else {           trace("not loaded");      } };

Also, I'm pretty sure I have mentioned before that I have code that does exactly what you are describing here...
http://www.layer51.com/proto/d.aspx?f=1396
sleekdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #4
Navarone
Don

I have seen what you have on your link, but doesn't what you have use XML?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #5
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

Send a message via AIM to sleekdigital Send a message via MSN to sleekdigital Send a message via Yahoo to sleekdigital

It does, but it would be simple for you to create an xml object inside of flash based on whatever you are currently using.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
Navarone
Don

Will XML run from a cd rom?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #7
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

my_mc = myScrollPane.content.attachMovie("mc_container", "mc"+i, i, this.getNextHighestDepth());

this should probably be ...
my_mc = myScrollPane.content.attachMovie("mc_container", "mc"+i, i);
Old 08-18-2005, 08:37 PM   #8
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

The xml doesn't have to exist anywhere accept inside the flash movie itself. but certainly you could put an xml file on the cd rom just the same as you would any other text file.

You could create the xml object in flash based on your loaded variables or whatever you want.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:56 PM   #9
Navarone
Don

O, I'll have to read up on it and see how to do it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: