Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-01-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
jamesferguson

Default Custom Video Player Issues

Hi there.

Finally managed to find a pretty good tutorial on how to create custom video players in flash mx 2004 pro. It can been seen here:http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?...melow_lee.html. There are many stages to this video tutorial and it is explained clearly with the use of step by step video instructions.

On to my problem...

I have followed steps 1-5 of that tutorial and I have my video plaer working fine.

The problem I have is when I have more than 1 video players within the 1 flash movie.

I have attached my fla and video files for reference.

On the first frame of the movie I have the custom video player movieClip that I have made using the tutorial outlined earlier. I also have a button to advance to the next frame where I have a similar setup.

I have renamed the instance name of the video player movieClip on the second frame also.

As I said before this all works fine. You can play the movie, advance using the scrubber bar and pause the movie. This is fine for both of the video players on frames 1 and 2 of the main movie.

The problem occurs when you have viewed both movies and wish to see them again. By clicking on the button on the second frame takes you back to the the previous frame of the main flash movie. It is here where the problem occurs.

The video player will still play the flv and you are still able to pause it, but the scrubber bar does not work properly. It is very jerky and you cannot drag it properly. Any ideas why?

I read somewhere that you must close the net connection when you have finished using the player and clear the video object. I have tried to implement this in the flash movie supplied, but it makes no difference. Have I done this correctly and have is there anything else I need to do to get the scurbber bar on the video player working properly each time you view it?

I believe that there is not a lot of information out there on creating your own custom video players and most of the code for the scrubber bar part of it is undocumented e.g. the onMetadata handler.

As I said, I have attached my source files, so you should be able to see what I am trying to achieve if I have not explained it clearly enough.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James.
jamesferguson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: