Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Extensions and Plugins > Components

Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
vkwebcommander

Exclamation XML Connector + Loader Component + Problem with MC buttons

I have set up an XML Connector to read data from an XML file. I have the following bindings; a Combo Box, a TextInput, a TextArea, and two Loaders. The problem I am having is in the loader component that I am loading an external movieclip into. The movieclip I am loading into the Loader component is a gallery of photos, which also calls an XML file. All of this is working, but there is a small glitch I am hoping someone has seen before...

Everything works great on the default selection (no problem with my buttons). However, when the user selects another option from the combo box and the data refreshes, the buttons on the movieclip (which loaded inside the Loader component) do not work properly. I should be able to rest my mouse over the NEXT button and flip through the gallery, but as it stands, I have to move the mouse to get the button to work again.

Is the Loader component the best way to handle loading an external movie file? Someone previously mentioned using the attachMovie, or createEmptyMovieclip functions, but I do not know how to build them on the combo box trigger, because it is using bindings through the XML Connector.

Thanks,

Taco

Last edited by vkwebcommander; 09-08-2005 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Subscribe to email
vkwebcommander is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: