Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-13-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
HeadInTheClouds

Unhappy XML Socket Problem in Internet Explorer (But not in Firefox!)

Hi All,

Here's my problem, I've got this little Flash client program that connects to the server using XML sockets, it works brilliantly in Firefox but for some reason, it fails miserably in Internet Explorer.

The code is pretty standard actionscript XML Socket code:

ActionScript Code:
var Speech:XMLSocket = new XMLSocket(); Speech.connect("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",123); Speech.onConnect = function(ok) {           Speech.send(Speech_time+"\r\n");        trace("XML socket: Send"); } Speech.onData = function(src) {     _global.filePath = src;        trace("XML socket: Receive"); }

Like I said, in Firefox, it works perfectly, I would see both debug messages(Send & Receive). However, in Internet Explorer, I'll see the first debug message (Send), my server program will then react to the request and send the information back to the Flash program, but my Flash Client program doesn't detect any incoming data!

Now, I've made sure that I've got the 'crossdomain.xml' sitting on my server to allow the communications to take place and I've made sure that the string I send back from my server ends with 0. I've been searching everywhere but I can't see where I've gone wrong, so any help/suggestion/comment will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Ambrose
HeadInTheClouds is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: