Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-27-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
svh9633

Default Add suffix (unit) to numeric stepper value, and making it able to parse commas?!

Hi!
I sort or remembered that I for a year ago added suffix to the value in a numeric stepper component. Like value:1 %s% to have a s for seconds or %m/s% for meter per seconds. But now I just can't set it in the protery panel. How should it be done?

Also, in Sweden you use the comma notation when using decimals in numbers e.g. 3,1 instead of 3.1. How can you accomplish this. Do I have to override the class?

Also, how do I restrict the numeric stepper to maximum have 3 digits in them. I hate when you can type in 5011 and all you see is 11. Do I have to make some triggering code on every key event in order to check if it is only 3 digits or can I apply something to the class itself?

Please help the newbie,
Thanks for your time and help
Take care,
/Sam

Last edited by svh9633; 09-27-2005 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Discovered more problems
svh9633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
svh9633

Please, someone must know!

Won't anyone show his or hers brilliance in flash and outshine those who can not crack this nut .

I would be most grateful.

Take care,
/Sam
Old 11-01-2005, 10:04 AM   #3
svh9633

Please, I have to solve this very soon or I am going crazy. It is very strange that you can't put a suffix to the numeric stepper and that it only takes "." and not "," as we use in Europe. E.g I am making an application where the user can change the number of seconds a certain machine should be running. So i would like to put in a s after the number such as 1.1s. Also I would like to have like 1,1s. It must be possible or this component is worthless. You must always be able to set what kind of unit the use changes or it could be anything, bananas or coconuts!?

It seems that I have to do my own component consisting of a inputfield and som arrows where I manipulte and control the string to the inputfield?!

Thanks for you time and answers.

/Sam
Old 11-01-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
silverfish

>Also, how do I restrict the numeric stepper to maximum have 3 digits in them. I >hate when you can type in 5011 and all you see is 11.

Here's what the flash help has to say:
Quote:
Also, you must resize the stepper while authoring to display more than two numeric places (for example, the numbers 5246 or 1.34).

As for 3,1 vs 3.1, if you already have F8, check out the Locale class; it might help.

As for showing units, I dunno - how about placing a text field next to the stepper to label its values?
silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: