Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-01-2002, 04:45 PM   #1
yk0713s
freedom73

Send a message via AIM to yk0713s
Lightbulb www.rxdigital.net --- ( new intro coming soon!)

Hello guys. I put together everything and uploaded my new site.
I think there is a bug in there on and off.

I appreciate it if you give me some feedback.

Thanks.

yk.

Last edited by yk0713s; 02-28-2002 at 03:54 PM.
yk0713s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 06:07 PM   #2
JRBT
homeslice extraordinare

You obviously have your skills together. As much as I want to say I like the site, I can't help but be saddened by the likeness to 2advanced in too many ways.

We have all been deeply touched by all the work by 2advanced, but we should be inspired to do something totally original as they have, not follow suit in their style. Don't get me wrong, the site looks great. I myself have tried to do a 2advanced style site, but you know what? I've never seen one that's even close.

Clients will never know and think you are a genius. But designers.....will.
JRBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
yk0713s
freedom73

Default Thanks JRBT

Thanks for the commenting.
You know what, I forgot to say that my site is totally inspired by
2advanced. And this is the my weakest thing to carry on as a designer. Yeah client doesn't know but in flash community, everyone will know it would be the closet copy.
I'm trying to stay away from 2A as much as possible. I want to do something from my own idea. Well..
So far I haven't really.. .
I don't wanna be one of those guys who copy from 2A.
I will try to draw from my own thing.

Thanks for your comment

Quote:
Originally posted by JRBT
You obviously have your skills together. As much as I want to say I like the site, I can't help but be saddened by the likeness to 2advanced in too many ways.

We have all been deeply touched by all the work by 2advanced, but we should be inspired to do something totally original as they have, not follow suit in their style. Don't get me wrong, the site looks great. I myself have tried to do a 2advanced style site, but you know what? I've never seen one that's even close.

Clients will never know and think you are a genius. But designers.....will.
Old 02-01-2002, 11:36 PM   #4
Zarathusta

yk i liked your intro and i like your site, it is a well finished well designed piece.
Having said that its similarities, right down too the colour schemes are a bit too close to 2advanced.

But if this is anything to go by i am sure that your own design qualities will come out.

Oh, i would love if you checked out my thread a little below and tell me what you think. Also, are you having any problems in MAC that you know of with your popus and the changing of the parent, for the exit splash. In MAC mine popup goes behind the parent when i change to my exit screen.
Zarathusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 12:02 PM   #5
zerohero
Ladies Man...

Default ...L:...

all that can be said about the '2A' thing has been said...believe me i am hesitant to say...that sites copy each other...

and the preloader got stuck on all sections...

PC, IE5.5...

Cheerio,
ZERO
HERO
zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 02:12 AM   #6
poab
two hundred & thirty two

Hi,

I liked it. Change the blues to greens or something and no one'll ever notice.

Too many flash sites look like 2advanced but personally I suspect that that's because the Flash authoring environment lends itself to that style. 2advanced stole from Designers Rupublic and they stole all the teckno stuff from Star Trek.......

........Hold on,.......wait a minute.........did I just mention Star Trek on an internet forum?........Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!.......Hold on......it's saturday night. Why aren't I in the pub?.....

I'm off to cry into my pillow.
poab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:29 AM   #7
yk0713s
freedom73

Default Re: ...L:...

zerohero check back again. I fixed the problems. It works ok now.
Yk

Quote:
Originally posted by zerohero
all that can be said about the '2A' thing has been said...believe me i am hesitant to say...that sites copy each other...

and the preloader got stuck on all sections...

PC, IE5.5...

Cheerio,
ZERO
HERO
Old 02-03-2002, 03:37 AM   #8
yk0713s
freedom73

sometimes I can't believe.. There is someone out there like e.j. who is very talented person. I think uniti 2A disappears they will affect everyone like me. Personally I think it's the time now that I should develope my own origianal concept. I feel that my style is getting too close 2A. I'm tring to get away as much as I can from those guys in 2A. However this site right now it took huge amount time develope like that.
Some people critisize me that mine look too much like 2A. I agree but It's still my own concept that it took me a lot of time to think of that design though.

yk

p.s. poab: I'm thinking to change the color but meantime I'll stick with blue. If I do change the blue to others, It will take sometime change many thing all together. Anyway that was a good thought. Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by poab
Hi,

I liked it. Change the blues to greens or something and no one'll ever notice.

Too many flash sites look like 2advanced but personally I suspect that that's because the Flash authoring environment lends itself to that style. 2advanced stole from Designers Rupublic and they stole all the teckno stuff from Star Trek.......

........Hold on,.......wait a minute.........did I just mention Star Trek on an internet forum?........Arrrrrrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!.......Hold on......it's saturday night. Why aren't I in the pub?.....

I'm off to cry into my pillow.

Last edited by yk0713s; 02-03-2002 at 03:56 AM.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:09 AM   #9
zerohero
Ladies Man...

v.nice
i don't think i explained myself v.well... i think 'poab' has hit the nail on the head...:

Quote:
i also get sick of people saying sites look too much like 2A...peeps are obsessed with it...

your site is really nice...but there are just a few aspects that are too simular...sorry mate but hey my inspiration comes from the sites i admire...wether i like it or not...regurgitation within design...that's what it's all about

and i love the tranformer...

u are a v.talented guy...

what font did u use in your main menu???

Cheerio,
Zero
Hero

p.s. 'poab' i stayed in last night and watched DVD's and star trek ain't that bad...start worring if you start talking about Buffy online...oopps i did...now i'm worried...

...help!
zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:20 AM   #10
mikeman126
KING, HEAD HONCHO

Default Wicked site

All I can say is it is great that a canadian made that site. Whoa when I first saw it I was amazed, and still am. It is a kick ass site.
mikeman126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: