Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Old 11-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
mariusR

Unhappy unloading movies that were loaded by an external movie clip

i have a simple problem, which i have not been able to solve for days now - i hope anyone can help me.

i am using loadMovie to load an external movie clip into a target movie clip. i then use unloadMovie to unload it, whenever i have stopped using it. the problem is, that the external movies themselves load other external movies, which do not disappear when i unload the target movie clip.

mymovie -> loads external movie (disappears on unload) -> loads external movie (does not disappear on unload)

i suspect that the external movie clip might load the other external movie clips into _root and somehow bypass my target movie clip. Or maybe it uses loadMovieNum and I have no way to find out into which level it loads the clips. checking the source code (of the external movies) is not an option, because i only have compiled swf files.

please post if anything is unclear.

i hope anyone can save me, since i will have a meeting with my boss soon and it should be working by then (
mariusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
[Sx]
>Teaching in Progress<

Send a message via ICQ to [Sx] Send a message via MSN to [Sx] Send a message via Yahoo to [Sx]

You call a simple problem one that you can't solve for days? j/k...

Restrict the _root access for the loaded movie by creating a sandbox for it: mc_instance._lockroot = true; ... Unfortunately, that wont prevent movies from loading on other levels, or _level0 directly instead of _root...
Old 11-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
mariusR

thanks for your idea! unfortunately it does not help in my case. does anyone have another idea? i am getting more and more desperate. my page will probably never work
mariusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 07:24 PM   #4
bomoh
poly freak

I really don't know ... I just did some tests ... it works without any problems ... swf1->swf2 both of them get unloaded

Last edited by bomoh; 11-06-2005 at 07:27 PM.
bomoh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: