Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-12-2001, 07:44 PM   #1
DigiScript

OK, I do all this work on my PC, and when I open the file on my MAC, the stage is nowhere to be found. No scrollbars, no zoom percentage field, no tools, nothing. The timeline and everything else is fine, if I test the movie its fine, but I cant see the stage at all, so I can't do ANYTHING.

Strok
Administrator

Did you use any tools to convert it ?
---------------
Still Nothing
Flashtyper didnt work.
I can open other fla files from PC, even without Flashtyper, but this one just doesnt show the stage and all the stuff I mentioned in the original post.
I don't understand it. A while ago, I had a file that opened fine, but when I ran the swf on MAC I got all kinds of weird artifacts, even from a website.

Is there any other kind of prep you can do when bringing a FLA from PC to MAC??

Thanks Again

DigiScript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 02:29 AM   #2
Guy

Although it may seem to be a cross-platform issue, you may wish to know that I work on a mac about 80% of the time and have had more than my share of problems with the new Flash (I even have the updated 5.03 or whatever).

I was recently doing a large project and backing up my work to two different servers as well as my hard drive and out of the blue, they all got corrupted and all I had was my opening scene and the rest of the scenes had turned grey. No timelines, no layers, nothing. My library still contained the majority of my source files but some of them had been removed. Never did figure it out. It has happened twice since and macromedia didn't have an answer.

I know this doesn't help much but just thought it was worth mentioning.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:34 PM   #3
golias

Default mac problems

i had a similiar crisis-working late one night to finsish aproject before deadline, flash 5 chose that moment to have the library stop working-i was unable to take any files from my library to my stage...no amount of re-intalloing software seemed to help-the only thing that finally fixed it was a system update to 9.1 and a reinstall of flash 5-so far it works fine...
golias is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: