Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 12-20-2005, 04:31 PM   #1
thebob

Default using loadMovie to add a swf cancels the text anti-aliasing in the loaded movie?

I have a .swf with anti-aliasing on the text that works when it is opened in flash player 8 by itself.

I am using the following code:
ActionScript Code:
loadMovie("site.swf",loader);
to load a movie into a movieclip on the stage with the instance name of loader, but when site.swf is loaded in the anti-aliasing on the text doesnt work anymore.

Any ideas?
thebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
weetbixkid

Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebob
I have a .swf with anti-aliasing on the text that works when it is opened in flash player 8 by itself.

I am using the following code:
ActionScript Code:
loadMovie("site.swf",loader);
to load a movie into a movieclip on the stage with the instance name of loader, but when site.swf is loaded in the anti-aliasing on the text doesnt work anymore.

Any ideas?
I'm working on the same issue. Haven't solved it yet. Also, I'm finding that dynamic text generated with createTextField is rendered smaller in flash 8 than in flash 7.
weetbixkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
thebob

Good to know someone has the same problem had any breakthroughs?
thebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
lucas.cerro

I have the same problem.

I made a movieclip with bitmap text, set it to text without anti-aliasing and made sure that the text and every parent movieclip is on whole pixels (i.e. _x can't be 10.5 - instead I set it to whole numbers such as 10 or 11).

When I preview this SWF alone and on an HTML, the text displays correctly. But when I load this SWF from another file, the text comes in with antialiasing.

Anyone know of a solution? PS: It has to be Flash-7-compatible.

Thanks

*edit: I found this thread via search, and only now did I see that it was posted on the flash 8 forums. Sorry for the mistype.

Last edited by CyanBlue; 12-05-2010 at 08:24 AM.
lucas.cerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #5
atomic
Banned by AS.org Staff

Can you attach both .flas?
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
turtelly

Double-check to make sure your loaded movies and the movie you are loading them into are all published to the same version of the Flash Player. I have encountered quirky somewhat inconsistent things with loaded movies if I accidentally have one published to a different version.
turtelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
lucas.cerro

@Atomic: thanks so much for the willingness to help, but I've signed a NDA for this project, and can't make any file avaiable for now. I'll try to reproduce the problem at home this weekend if I get some free time.

@turtelly: Nice to know that. I checked the versions and they're all flash 7, though =/

To anyone that is interested, the solution I used was a mix of what ppl said here on the forum. Apparently, both rendering text as HTML (Dynamic Text Fields) and setting it to use "Device Fonts" force the text to be aliased.

In my case, since the text fields didn't have any style variations (size variation, bold, italic, etc) I converted it all to dynamic, multi-line text fields, using Device Fonts.

Thanks for the help, guys.

Lucas
lucas.cerro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: