Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 01-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #1
neatman

Send a message via AIM to neatman
Default Zoom Gallery (Photo)

Y'all,

I am seeking an actionscript based flash solution to allow zooming photos for details. I would like something that doesn't require the viewer to download a plug-in. (zoomify)

Does anyone have an suggestions on tutorials or a concept that I can start with? I really like this example. Does anyone know how to do this?

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/shopp...ProductID=7878

(Click the large image)

Thanks in advance.
NeatMan
neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
neatman

Send a message via AIM to neatman
Default ZOOM Gallery (Photo)

Y'all,

I am seeking an actionscript based flash solution to allow zooming photos for details. I would like something that doesn't require the viewer to download a plug-in. (zoomify)

Does anyone have an suggestions on tutorials or a concept that I can start with? I really like this example. Does anyone know how to do this?

http://www.sundancecatalog.com/shopp...ProductID=7878

(Click the large image)

Thanks in advance.
NeatMan
neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #3
Paerez
Chick dig raccoons

Send a message via AIM to Paerez

I wrote one of these. Its pretty simple. Use a scrollpane and use scrollpane.load to load an image. Then you record its dimensions (like 800x600). Then, you make a slider. Then you set the onRelease of the slider to compute its distance from the start to the end to get a number. Then you use a linear transformation to change that number to a number between 1 and 10 (for a 10x maximum magnification).

Use this number (time 100) as the xscale and yscale for scrollpane.content. If you want to center as you zoom, you have to do some math to figure out the increase in x pixels and y pixels after the scale, and subtract half from the content's current _x and _y. Also you use startdrag and stopdrag on the content to move it around.
Paerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
theDude78

I would think you would need to start with an obviously larger HIGH rez image of what you want to zoom and then somehow add the scale factor to each button press. Sadly I'm an aspiring actionscripter and all I can say is good luck and I apologize that I can't be of more assistance.
theDude78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
rnby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paerez
I wrote one of these. Its pretty simple. Use a scrollpane and use scrollpane.load to load an image. Then you record its dimensions (like 800x600). Then, you make a slider. Then you set the onRelease of the slider to compute its distance from the start to the end to get a number. Then you use a linear transformation to change that number to a number between 1 and 10 (for a 10x maximum magnification).

Use this number (time 100) as the xscale and yscale for scrollpane.content. If you want to center as you zoom, you have to do some math to figure out the increase in x pixels and y pixels after the scale, and subtract half from the content's current _x and _y. Also you use startdrag and stopdrag on the content to move it around.
could me please show me your example

thanks in advance
rnby is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: