Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 02-11-2006, 02:50 AM   #11
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

Send a message via AIM to sleekdigital Send a message via MSN to sleekdigital Send a message via Yahoo to sleekdigital

The script is server side, but it generates XML... that XML is sent to the users browser and it gets cached acording to the user's setting. The XML is what the poster is interested in protecting.
sleekdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:46 PM   #12
nitzicuile

Hi, again...

I have been studing this problem from the side of the server, and I found that if I send something like...

Code:
<Error>
<message> No XML found </message>
</Error>
...as an error if the flash client do not find the XML, and it was not cached.
So I tried to send all the big XML dynamically and it is cached anyway... pff!

So I thought, Is there any maximum amount to transfer data between client/server without caching?... I don't know If I am beeing clear with this... any question, here am I!..

Thanks,

nitz
nitzicuile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #13
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

Send a message via AIM to sleekdigital Send a message via MSN to sleekdigital Send a message via Yahoo to sleekdigital

I don't understand what you are asking, but my point is that with XML.load or load variables or anything like that, you are sending the data to the client so it will be accessible to the user. Whether it is dynamically generated by the server or not is irrelevant. The data gets sent to the client either way. That is why remoting is probably your most secure option.

Either that or instead of sending any sensitive data to the flash movie you have the server side scripts access data on the server and only return non sensitive data that the user needs to see. I don't know the details of your situation... I don't know why you are sending data to the flash movie that you need to keep hidden... so it is difficult to provide much more advice than this.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #14
nitzicuile

hehe... excuse me.. I am going to explain:

I am developing an exam and all the information including questions and answers are into the XML. The fact is that this is a product, and my boss wants to keep all information securely.

Recently, We found a way to not caching the XML with java, sending the following information before the XML:

Code:
pw.println("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); 
pw.println("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
pw.println("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0");
pw.println("Pragma: no-cache");
And it works...

Anyway, we still have doubts about the way the browser caches the information transfered between client and server. Or if there is a maxium amount of data to be transfered (and if it excedes the maxium, just shows the cached info), etc.

I don't know if this concern to this forum... so thanks anyway...

See you next time!

nitz
nitzicuile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #15
sleekdigital
I like pizza!

All that will do is keep the browser from re using the cached data, but it does actually still get cached. And it is certainly not secure. The user could just request the file with their browser and see all the data.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: