Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-15-2001, 12:45 PM   #1
elnino

I am beginingg to learn actionscript and am a little confused about levels. If I put n amount of movies into n amount of layers on my main stage - are they by default on root level or does the layer hiarchy or my movies within movies have anything to do with what level they are on levels. Or are levels simply something I define myself and decide which .swfs go into them. If thats the answer I'll be completly stoked.

Hope some can help

El Nino
elnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
mgb

Hi and welcome to actionscripts. Layers are all in one level in your movie and have nothing to do with levels. Your main movie is on level 0 and any movies you load over that (but you can load another movie into level0 if you like) go on higher levels. Level 1 is used usually if you want to just load one more movie. If you load another you can load it on level 2 and it will be superimposed over levels 0 and 1. If you load another movie on a level which already has a movie on it that movie will get kicked out to make room for the one you are loading...

~mgb
mgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:30 AM   #3
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

And to load a movie you use the loadMovie command with the movie name and the level you want to load into.

Cheers

Jesse

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: