Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
Breakfast

Default Triggering events from position in text area?

So I've got a text area. At design time I don't know how big it is and I don't know what text it contains, but I want to be able to trigger events when the user releases the mouse over certain words or parts of the text (these parts are declared when the text is loaded in so I don't know where they are initially)

What I initially thought might work would be creating links in the text and using those to trigger events in the text. Can I create Actionscript links or any other kind of event-triggering objects based purely on text or do I need a way to find the words when the text is rendered and put a button or movieclip there somehow. If it is the latter, any suggestions as to how I migght go about it?
Breakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
quincewyss
Peak Studios Boulder, CO

i remeber trying to do this a few years ago and found a post where to do it at macromedia look for sending actions thru htmlText or something like that .

you might also do it with links that hold query strings. Or query strings and eventlisteners.
quincewyss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: