Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Extensions and Plugins > Components

Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 AM   #1
orsotony

Exclamation Component Creation - Problems With Preview

Hi to everyone!
Seriously in need of help.

I'm developing some small components (for personal use) where the color is changed using the properties inspector. The actionscript for the properties is in an external .as file. The actionscript for the preview is on the first frame of the .fla file. I've attached a .zip file to this message with test files.

The problem is this: if I use the component without compiling it, everything works fine (the preview works and the pubblished .swf is perfect). As soon as I compiled it and drag 2 or more instances of the compiled clip on stage, the preview starts to go wrong. What happens is that when I change the color in the properties inspector it changes on all the instances on the stage (this does not happen if I use the component without compiling it). If I apply 3 different colors to 3 instances they all take the color of the last instance on the stage (preview) while when I publish the movie everything is correct and the colors are different (as they should be). Obviously the problem is in how I've done the preview but I can't get it right.

I'm not a developer or an actionscrip expert but a graphic designer and this problem is driving me nuts!!
Please help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Component.zip (9.8 KB, 128 views)
orsotony is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: