Now the updateVertices function will look like this:

private function updateVertices(){
//            vertices=new Vector.<number>();
//            for (var r:int = 0; r < ROWS; r++) {
//                for (var c:int = 0; c < COLS; c++) {
//                    if(c!=(COLS-1)){
//                        if(r!=(ROWS-1)){                        
//                            vertices.push(points[r * COLS + c].x,points[r * COLS + c].y,points[r * COLS + c].x+COLW,points[r * COLS + c].y,points[r * COLS + c].x+COLW,points[r * COLS + c].y+ROWH,points[r * COLS + c].x,points[r * COLS + c].y+ROWH);
//                        }
//                    }                    
//                }
//            }
    vertices=new Vector.<number>();
//    uvtData=new Vector.<number>();
//trace("--------UPDATE VERTEX DATA========\n");    
            for(var r:int=1;r<=(ROWS-1);r++){
                for(var c:int=1;c<=(COLS-1);c++){
//trace("\n--------VERTEX SEQUENCE========\n");
//trace(" ("+r+","+c+")")
//trace(" ("+(r*COLS+c)+")")
//trace("value1 : ("+(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointa.x)+")");
//trace("value2 : ("+(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointa.y)+")");
//trace("value3 : ("+(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointb.x)+")");
//trace("value4 : ("+(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointb.y)+")");
//trace("value5 : ("+(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointb.x)+")");
//trace("value6 : ("+(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointb.y)+")");
//trace("value7 : ("+(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointa.x)+")");
//trace("value8 : ("+(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointa.y)+")");
//trace("\n--------VERTEX SEQUENCE========\n");
//.0    .1
//.3    .2
//                                  1       2       3        4         5          6       7         8
//                    vertices.push(c*COLW,r*ROWH,(c+1)*COLW,r*ROWH,(c+1)*COLW,(r+1)*ROWH,c*COLW,(r+1)*ROWH);
                    vertices.push((sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointa.x),(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointa.y),(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointb.x),(sticks[(((r-1)==0)?((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+c):((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)-((COLS-1)+COLS))].pointb.y),(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointb.x),(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointb.y),(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointa.x),(sticks[((((r * (COLS - 1))+c)+(((r - 1) * COLS)+(c+1)))-2)].pointa.y));
                }
            }    
//trace("--------UPDATE VERTEX DATA========\n");
        }

I kept all the commented trace messages to show you how tedious the work is. At this juncture I want to tell you that I learnt a lot about that double for loop and their interelationships - a lot enough to make another tutorial. Now, I need to test the new Logic. I fought with so much tension, even though I am confident about the result. If I try to enter into a new room with the tension I felt then, I definitely will be collapsed before entering the room. After all the quotable quotes about courage ran into my mind, I gained courage and published the file. This is the result:

I still wonder how could I achieve it, even though I myself wrote the code. It is not a staright forward solution jumped out spontaneously. A lot of trial and error sequences were gone past before I reached this solution.

Now, I am happy about what I have achieved. In fact, I tried for the next thing:to fix the cloth to a top handle bar, But I am not that much experienced in verlet integration. I understood the basic concept, but unable to manipulate it to create a working code. Mr. ALEX, as the creator of oroginal verlet Grid, or some other scriptor who si smart enough and eager to continue this may get all the samples from here.

THE LEGAY OF ACTION SCRIPT MUST CONTINUE