Using WebORB for development helps developers shave months off their development time while also providing a runtime engine that enables high-speed access to Grails services. WebORB handles all aspects of remote procedure calls (RPC) including service lookup, object marshalling, and unmarshalling. Below is a complete list of the functionality Grails developers have access to using WebORB for integration:
* Integrated management console : this is home to various productivity tools, such as Service Browser, Code Generators, Invocation Test Drive, Security and Server Configuration, Server Monitor, Data Management and Documentation;
* Graphical service browser : visualizes all deployed Grails services;
* Invocation test drive : enables invocation of the service methods without writing any code or using any other 3rd party tool;
* High-speed remoting : handles all RPC functions for client-side access to Grails services;
* Video streaming and recording : Flex/Flash clients can record and stream video through the WebORB server deployed in a Grails application;
* Remote shared objects : Flex, Flash, Silverlight, .NET and Java clients can exchange data using WebORBÕs Remote Shared Objects management deployed in a Grails application;
* Data push : Grails applications can invoke client-side functions directly from Groovy server code.
Grails developers can download and develop with WebORB for Java for free by visiting http://www.themidnightcoders.com/products/weborb-for-javaAbout Midnight Coders, Inc.
Midnight Coders is a leading provider of integration technology that enables universal client-server connectivity for mobile, browser and desktop clients. Development teams from around the world use our WebORB technology to expedite development and improve application performance, so that they can get to market faster with greater business success. Visit us at themidnightcoders.com
Midnight Coders, Inc. 15455 Dallas Parkway, Suite 600, Addison, TX 75001 www.themidnightcoders.com