InfoSoft Global has recently released FusionCharts Lite 1.0, a FREE Flash charting component
Posting a relevant article to the http://ActionScript.org Press Releases section is a free service. If you are interested in having your Press Release posted, please contact us via email. All releases are expected in a standard format. Please examine some existing releases before submission.View all articles by ActionScript.org Press
Open source developers can redistribute this with their applications for FREE.
FusionCharts Lite is a set of FREE Macromedia Flash (SWF) files that helps you to create eye-catching animated charts. It makes full use of the fluid beauty of Macromedia Flash to create compact, interactive and visually-arresting charts. FusionCharts reflects our philosophy of believing in the notion of blending multiple ingredients without compromising or limiting the possibilities.
Imagine having a charting component, that does not need any installation, works with any scripting language you could think of, runs on a majority of browsers, is interactive, is completely scalable & flexible, and creates stunning animated charts. Imagine your data being morphed into beautiful shapes un-bounded by the limits of time, space and the web. Imagine the essence of your presentations with life infused in them. FusionCharts just helps you realize all your charting imaginations.
Until now, whenever the phrase "online real-time charts" came to your mind, you started fancying about some Active-X Controls or compact Assemblies to render image based charts dynamically generated on the server side. But, have you ever considered a few points before you begin with them:
* Installation Affairs: Firstly, you need to install them on the server, insert some keys in the registry and so on. Just check out with your server provider if they allow you to do so and what is the charge for the same.
* Efficiency Factor: Secondly, although these components render sophisticated looking charts, they consume a lot of server resources. In a solution that needs to provide charts to hundreds of concurrent users, loading bulky Active-X objects into the memory puts a tremendous strain on the server and does not scale well.
* Versatile and Flexible: Do you get sleek looking animated and interactive charts? Do they offer you options like hover captions, animation patterns, hot spots and a lot more?
* Dynamic Charts: Whenever you need to show a new chart to your visitors, you need to refresh the page and reload the entire chart. Is it sensible to have the user wait so much and reload the entire page just to refresh a chart?
And, looking to positive side of things, you get the following salient features with FusionCharts:
* No need for an Active-X or external Component: One does not need to install any external Active-X control or component to render charts. So even on those servers which do not have the components installed or do not allow installation of new components, FusionCharts can run smoothly. All you need to do is upload the core SWF files to the server and configure them via XML data files.
* Animated Charts add to aesthetics of the site: The charts made by Active-X controls or components are static GIF or JPEG files. But, the charts made by FusionCharts are slick looking animated charts whose looks and additional properties can easily be customized by the data XML file.
* Reduces Load on the Server: FusionCharts reduces the load on the server to quite an extent as the processing work is done on the client-side. The client just needs to have Macromedia Flash 6 player, which is very common nowadays. It is also shipped with the newer versions of the browsers.
* Small Sized Component and therefore suitable for narrow bands: The file size of the component is very small and therefore it is very suitable for the narrow band connections also.
* Compatible with many scripting languages: FusionCharts is compatible with many scripting languages like ASP, ASP.NET, JSP, PHP, Perl, CGI, CF etc. As the processing is done on the client-side, it does not matter which scripting language is passing the data to the component. The component can also be customized to take data from text files and so it can work on a static server too (where text files or XML files containing data can be updated frequently).
* Client Side Dynamic Data Changing: You can manipulate FusionCharts with very few lines of client side scripts - i.e., you can build a completely new chart on the client side itself, without having to reload the page and the chart.
* Many Additional features over other charts: FusionCharts offers you a plethora of customization options like setting transparency, color themes, hotspots, hover captions etc. The best thing is that you can do most of the customizations via the data XML File itself.
For more information visit: http://www.InfoSoftGlobal.com/FusionCharts