The author is an expert in E-learning who dedicated to providing the best solution of PowerPoint to Flash, also include some tips and tricks to make your life and work easier.View all articles by sunny qing
FLV stands for "Flash Live Video". It is a format designed for web video playback that offers high rates of compression and produces high quality video. Notable users of the FLV file include Google Video, Reuters.com and YouTube.
Now, more and more people download their favorite FLV files from YouTube and other video sharing websites and want to insert them into PowerPoint to make a good presentation.
But how to insert FLV Video to presentation effectively? Many people have difficulty in inserting FLV Video to PowerPoint. Here I will show you how to insert your favoriate FLV Video to PowerPoint according to my experience. Hope it can help you.
Insert FLV to PowerPoint step-by-step
1. Download and install VideoLAN VLC player on your computer. Download VideoLAN VLC player.
2. Download FLV Video from YouTube or other video sharing web sites. And rename the FLV Video, like name.flv. Well, the most important is that, the video can be played back normally.
3. Find the hidden control Toolbox out in PowerPoint.
Click Office button ->PowerPoint Options -> Popular -> tick "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".
3. Click "Developer”, click the icon "More Controls" which is displayed as hummer and wrench in the Controls column.
Then select "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2" in the pop-up dialog box.
4. Click the position in your PowerPoint where you want to display the shape, press the mouse button and resize the area you like to place.
5. Right click the area you drew and go to Properties tab, and complete the value of attribute "MRL" with the path of the YouTube Flash video file, like D:\Temp\2008\temp.flv, then close the tab. Now the YouTube Flash video in your hard drive is ready to play in your presentation.
Tips for inserting FLV to PowerPoint
Generally speaking, in order to avoid video codec problems on different computers and make sure the video can be played back normally, the FLV format is not recommended to use in the PowerPoint. In view of the popularity and highly compatible cross-platform features of flash movie in SWF, we may try to convert the FLV files to SWF and then insert the SWF file to PowerPoint.
By the way, some presentation authoring tools can help you insert SWF files conveniently. Like PPT to Flash Converter. Only by clicking "insert Flash" you can simply achieve your goal.
Tips for YouTube
YouTube is very popular around us, many people want to download their favorite videos form YouTube and insert them into PowerPoint. Here is a video about how to Insert YouTube Video into PowerPoint, you can have a look and have more idea about it.